Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

overhead/wall rad wanted in NYC...

Options
jpf321
jpf321 Member Posts: 1,568
I'd like any leads on a used small/medium overhead ceiling or wall mounted radiator .. my new basement office could use a bit of connected EDR...brrr...thanks! .. would be great if it were located within NYC area, since I'd rather not ship.
1-pipe Homeowner - Queens, NYC

NEW: SlantFin Intrepid TR-30 + Tankless + Riello 40-F5 @ 0.85gph | OLD: Fitzgibbons 402 boiler + Beckett "SR" Oil Gun @ 1.75gph

installed: 0-20oz/si gauge | vaporstat | hour-meter | gortons on all rads | 1pc G#2 + 1pc G#1 on each of 2 mains

Connected EDR load: 371 sf venting load: 2.95cfm vent capacity: 4.62cfm
my NEW system pics | my OLD system pics

Comments

• arches
    arches Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Kevin & Richard

Maybe try giving these guys a call....they have a lot of used/vintage radiators.

Kevin & Richard Plumbing Supply

(718) 222-1581

Make sure you get their new address if you are going to the store...they are no longer on Myrtle Ave.
  • HenryT
    HenryT Member Posts: 128
    Options
    question Jpf321

Can you briefly explain how to add radiators to he basement?

I have a one pipe steam and also want to explore this option, but i dont know how it would drain back to the boiler.

i have an oversized boiler and i think adding more radiators to the basement may help with the short cycling.

thanks
  • jpf321
    Options
    you need to get them

my intention is to get the rad pipes above the main pipes .. that's why I'm looking for overhead rads .. I have about  8" between the main pipe and the ceiling .. that should just about do it.

I think there is also a way to do it with thermostatic radiator steam-traps and inverted bucket traps .. and put the rads at ground level .. i'd have to reread the inverted bucket section of LAOSH though before saying anything more on the subject.

NEW: SlantFin Intrepid TR-30 + Tankless + Riello 40-F5 @ 0.85gph | OLD: Fitzgibbons 402 boiler + Beckett "SR" Oil Gun @ 1.75gph

installed: 0-20oz/si gauge | vaporstat | hour-meter | gortons on all rads | 1pc G#2 + 1pc G#1 on each of 2 mains

• HenryT
    Options
    darn

Thanks for the response.

I think im outta luck. I have a drop ceiling and only have about 1" max between main and ceiling of basement....
  • jpf321
    Options
    how much ...

is the main beneath the drop? how much do you have above the drop? 

• HenryT
    Options
    hi

main is above the drop ceiling panels and right below the actual ceiling or bottom of first floor.

Above the drop i have about 3-4" but that space will be b/w the drop ceiling and main.  so the actual radiator will be below the main which probably wont work.
  • r. perry
    r. perry Member Posts: 45
    Options
    why go through all that...

work, bother and expense to get heat in your basement when you could just remove a few feet of pipe insulation and have all the heat you need.
This discussion has been closed.