Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

instructional videos

Hi.  My name is Len. 

This is a copy of a post I just left at the general Wall.  Further to this I'm always looking for well produced gas fundamentals material on disc for use in the classroom.

I'm a gas instructor in Manitoba, Canada.  Our program involves instruction in the Fundamentals of gas fitting and servicing.  One of the elements of instruction is working with gas fired boilers.  I use two videos published by Weil Mclain of their "HEAT" series of instructional videos, one on Steam boilers and one on Hydronic boilers.  These are fairly good in many respects.  Keeping in mind that this is a general learning format, I'm looking to improve the selection of training videos on hand to include larger input boilers and/or more in-depth service and maintenance oriented material such as annual servicing of steel boilers, flushing, maintaining water level, etc.  This material may be offered to students online through our library access which is a protected learning platform.  Primarily, I would be delivering this material in class to residential and small commercial fitters and later to General Gas Fitters dealing with appliances of unlimited inputs.

Does anyone here at this wall have any direction they could give me in accessing appropriate materials.  I'm not that concerned about jurisdictional differences (US/Canada) in terms of code and environmental issues as we deal with that in class. 

Thanks,

Len Osland

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Len, give me a call

here in the USA at 401-437-0557

Tim McElwain

Gas Appliance Service Training and Consulting &

Gas Training Institute

22 Griffith Drive

Riverside, RI 02915