Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any Suggestions

Options
Rich Davis_2
Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
I'm designing a hot water system for a house with a heat loss of 47000 BTUH, using Slant Fin program.  There is no DHW.  Is there a propane boiler in the 50K range.  I was seriously thinking of a TT solo 60 would that be to large of a difference?  Even with a 5:1 turn-down.  I really like the idea of a low resistance, stainless HE.  But, is there something else I can look at.  Thanks guys.

Comments

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Hard to beat the TT

Price, quality and very adaptable.  With a low of 14,000 Btu's it might fit nicely (not knowing anything about the design of your system).

Depending on system flow requirements you might even be able to eliminate primary/secondary.
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • REX
    REX Member Posts: 29
    Options
    weil-mclain

keep it simple :)
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Simple?

About the only thing more complicated than a Weil would be a Viess.  
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • eluv8
    eluv8 Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Boiler Suggestions

After derating the boiler for altitude(if you need to), efficiency and venting the boiler is not that far off from your estimated load by my calculations.

Be careful with piping the system through the boiler the smaller triangles have higher head pressures than the larger units. So be aware when selecting pumps if you go that route.

If you are on Propane Geothermal would be an attractive option. Econar makes a nice hydronic unit (Qualifies for the 30% rebates now I believe). When you pair it up with a storage tank you could feed your zones nicely and even preheat your DHW through a coil in the tank if you wanted.
This discussion has been closed.