Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A new beginning

PaulR
PaulR Member Posts: 25
<span style="font-size:12pt">Hello All,</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">I haven’t been hanging around The Wall much lately as I have been in the process of officially hanging up my radiant contractor tool belt and buttoning up jobs , as well as preparing for my new position with the Lochinvar Corporation as their new Residential Boiler Product Manager.  I have been a big fan of theirs for quite a while as a distributor, then installing contractor. Now I am excited to be a part of their team.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">I left Nebraska last Sunday and arrived in Nashville on Monday.  My family is staying behind until our home sells and then we will be all together again here in the greater Nashville area, close to, if not in Lebanon,TN.  </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">I look forward to hearing from all of you and will be available at </span><span style="color:#0000ff">prohrs@lochinvar.com</span><span style="font-size:12pt">  if you have any input about Lochinvar products and services.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">All the best from Tennessee,</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">Paul</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">Yes, I will still be a Cornhusker Fan!</span>

Comments

• Devan
    Devan Member Posts: 138
    Best wishes

Best of luck at the new position!

I will miss pics of your installs. See you at RPA Reno??

Happy New Year! to you and family.
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    So....

This means we should expect to see some free Lochinvar Schwag in the New Year?

And how about a custom Lochinvar Knight with a 316 Ti Heat Exchanger with a 5,000 to 80,000 BTUH modulation range (contractor's house special) ?

All kidding aside, the local Lochinvar rep has suggested there may be a few new control features built into the Knights soon i.e. additional load/temperature/pump controls for extra heating loads?
    Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Good News

Best of luck Paul, good luck with your new position
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    you have hitched

your wagon to a star of a company. Best of luck to you. I think you will enjoy the climate also :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Great company, Paul.

I'm jealous. :-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Does this mean......

...... we won't be seeing you at any meetings? :-(

Good luck, PR. I did just install a 80 gallon Squire a few weeks ago. Very sweet and well thought out indirect.
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Congratulations

Paul I wish you the best. Give me a call when you get settled in as I want to include your new company controls in my new Mod/Con manual.
  • NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    congrats!

that's exciting news Paul. Best of luck to you and congrats to lochivar for getting a first rate fellow to add to their team.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    You will be missed in the field....

but welcome on the factory floor, I'm sure.

Great people to work with. Say hey to all my friends there;-)

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 764
    Cool

Way to go PR.  What an exciting step forward.
    Dave Stroman
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Good for you

And good for Lochinvar too.  Good companies attract good people and I'm glad for you.  I hear that they have good Bar-B-Que in Nashville.  We'll be looking for recommendations on the best place to eat ribs after you get settled! 

Larry  
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    glad to hear it....

maybe we could work together on something i'v been wanting to do but havent had the time or resources - namely build a wb210C the c stands for combi - there is more than enough room in there for  120kbtu flat plate hx, a pump, and a 3way valve, and if we add 4" of height - there would also be room for an exp tank - i need the 120kbtu hx - cause to sell in the northest - u need to be able to deliver 3gpm @120f with 40f inlet water - thats a rise of 80f = 40kbtu per gal thus the 120k hx for 3gpm
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Wow!

Congrats. They are getting a top notch guy. Good luck. WW
  • Lucky they are!

Wow! This will be a new year! What a great catch for them & I'm sure you'll bring much to their table that we'll see in the coming years and that will garner them a nice boost in market-share.   
  • PaulR
    PaulR Member Posts: 25
    Thanks

Much thanks all.  I feel blessed to be a part of a great team!

Geoff- I called JB and explained that I would no longer be a part of the trade council, so no, I won't be at any more meetings.  Great group of contractors and I was fortunate to be among you.

Devan-  I hope to be at Reno for the RPA event but we'll see what Lochinvar has me tasked with.

Kal-  Love the ideas. Lochinvar has a lot exciting projects coming...Most are so secret that I don't even know about them. :)

My best to all of you,

Paul
This discussion has been closed.