Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone use the new Beckett Aquasmart

Has anyone installed this yet, I was thinking of replacing my aquastat with this on my WBV peerless since its older and I wanted to get the heatmanager anyway and for about $50 more I get a new integrated unit. Just wondering what your experience has been

Comments

• petes
    petes Member Posts: 2
    AquaSmart

I took a long hard look at the AquaSmart and was also able to get my hands on one recently and as far as presentation it looks pretty darn nice as far as functionality I like the idea of an integrated aquastat with some sort of heat manager technology so I thought this was a homerun and since I was leaning towards the aquasmart I called Beckett Tech Support to learn more. What I did learn is that the AquaSmart constantly adjusts the temperature of the water supplied by the boiler to the projected heat demand whereby the original HeatManager or the Intellicon HW+ ( same device except it has the LCD) would constantly adjust the differential. Beckett guaranteed at least a 10% savings or the purchase price would be refunded .The new Aquasmart does not have any guarantee since they changed their technology which is telling me they do not have confidence in the AquaSmart. The Intellicon HW+ still does offer the guarantee So my suggestion would be to replace your aquastat with a nice Hydrolevel 3150 (which has a low level cutoff integrated which the aquasmart does not have) in conjunction with the Intellicon HW+. The cost would be roughly $260 on-line for the DIY type of person, and will have a device that is Guaranteed to save you 10% and has a low water cutoff, which I consider a really critical function to have on any boiler…..as added recommendation and you want maximize your savings further I would for another $150 install Field Controls Oil Vent Damper for which, according to the manufacture : “The average boiler or furnace will use a minimum of 5% less fuel. Homes with taller chimneys may save 10% or more” .So that’s my opinion!
  • Charlie Masone
    Charlie Masone Member Posts: 66
    edited December 2009
    AquaSmart

Petes

Thanks for your interest in AquaSmart

You may not have been told that the AquaSmart has LWCO logic built in, however the introduction of the corresponding sensor well is a couple of months off.

Your explanation of the new HeatManager logic is correct and is designed to meet the DOE 2012 regulations.

The HeatManager reset aggressiveness is adjustable so that systems that may be under-radiated will still be satisfied in the lower settings, these settings may not provide the same savings as the factory shipped setting thus the inability to provide a guarantee.

Charlie Masone

RW Beckett
This discussion has been closed.