Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lost fuel

bill_105
bill_105 Member Posts: 429
First I read of some guy helping himself to, a extra in Maine.

Now, some guy gives back to the community,. At the exact same spot as Exxon Valdez, at Bligh reef, the money is flowing, along with tens thousand of gallons of Diesel.

The coast gaurd says was no holiday cheer on this one

Something is wrong.

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Valdez

The Valdez hit that reef 20 years ago. Most remember it, but I would bet the tug operators were just babies at the time and have no memory of it. Seems that it should be marked better or a light beacon or something. Good that this is not the same scale as the Valdez, and these guys had no trace of alcohol. Had the reef bounced back from the orig tragedy?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    It bounced back

Prince William Sound came back to life. Mother nature has a way of doing that. Exxon's money was about .00001 of it!  But it made everyone happy when the state was in dire need.  Oil then was less than $20.

Yesterday's occurance is sick. Forget the light houses or beacons. Even twenty years ago the technology should have prevented it. Now here we are again. And at the exact same spot.

They stopped all cleanup. It was only Diesel. Key word there is ONLY.

Heads are gonna roll on this one. Check ADN.com
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    bill....

Did you use to go by the handle of WEEZBO???

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.