Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trane Voyager

Options
stretch
stretch Member Posts: 6
Gas preesure is suppose to be -.2w.c."  I can not achieve this unless I throttle back on the gas cock. I cleaned  both screens behind the inducer motor. Tightened all screws and had 7.9" w.c. (static) to the gas valve. Motor is running correct amps on high and low fire. Gas pressure on low fire is running at -.10 to -.15 " w.c. I need some advice, what do you guys think????

Comments

• don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    recall

Trane as had a recall on some of there units that start the model number off with

ycdo.Something about the hx were separating.
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Failed gas valve regulator

My bet would be the regulator on the valve is bad. The manifold gas pressure shuld always be - .20" whether in low fire or high fire. The combustion blower slowing down causes less of a pull on the gas valve, causin less gas to enter, but the gas pressure remains at - .20"So if in low fire the pressure is to low as you stated, but in high fire it is to high unless you throttle down the gas cock, the regulator has failed. You might get lucky and just need to clean out the vent for the regulator on the valve, but I would bet that corrosion has fouled the regulator, and a new valve will resolve the problem.
This discussion has been closed.