Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FLOODED BOILER

NEW INSTALLTION OF A NEW STEAM BOILER WITH A M/M WF-2 WATER FEEDER AND A PS-801 LWCO. HARDLY NO RETURNS PIPING DONE TO SPEC.[BURHAM MEGA STEAM].AND THE BOILER FLOODS EVERY 2 DAYS.IT'S A 1-PIPE STEAM SYESTEM W/ALL NEW AIR VENTS.CAN THE BOILER BE GOING INTO A VACUM? WHEN I'M THERE EVERY THING IS OK NO SURGING,LWCO WKS FEEDER WKS.DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DUE NEXT.

Comments

• Flooded Boiler

Hi Anthony-  What's the maximum steam pressure reading on the boiler? If should be under two PSI and preferably lower.  Does the boiler have DHW coil? Any chance of a bad valve on the water feeder?

- Rod
  • the great flood

can you turn off the auto fill, and see if you are losing water permanently? water could be "hiding" in a horizontal return close to the waterline and above it. when the pressure returns to zero, then the water comes back. during these temporary low water periods, the auto-fill, can activate, and the end result is over-filling.

you may have some vacuum, if your main vents are inoperative. if so replace and increase that main venting.--nbc
  • anthony_12
    anthony_12 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2009
    FYI

I'VE REPLACED THE FEEDER ONCE ALREADY.PRESSURETROL SET 1PSI AND NEVER SEEN PRESURE ON THE GAUGE.THERE IS NO COIL ON THE BOILER
  • anthony_12
    anthony_12 Member Posts: 9
    TUNED WATER OFF

NO PROBLEM WHEN I LEFT THE FEEDER OFF FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.THE MAIN VENTS ARE NEW BUT AREN'T THE BEST TYPE LIKE HOFFMANN 75'S.HAVE YOU EVER INSTALLED A HOFFMANN VACUM BREAKER ON A 1 PIPE STEAM SYESTEM? THANKS
This discussion has been closed.