Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam heat run problem

Options
I have a header with 5 radiators coming off a single tap 2 more radiators with their own taps further down the condensate run is closer to the multiple radiator tap and I am having problems getting steam to the last 2 radiators one of which is on the second floor. Changed radiator vent and main vent the last 2 radiators are newly piped. I have a feeling this has been an issue since they were piped. I lowered the steam pressure to 1 1/2 pounds got the steam to travel closer to the radiators. I have a feeling that I may have to be repipe back to the condensate. last 2 radiators are piped approx. 30 feet out from the end of the loop before it runs to the condensate. In other words way out in left field. I think I should cut the loop at the condensate and continue vapor run to the 2 radiators with individual taps and continue back into the condensate including these radiators on the continuous loop. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Steam Problem

I'm trying to picture your system in my head and I'm afraid some of your terminology has me a bit confused. First of all is this a one or two pipe steam system?  Are the new radiators also piped the same as the main system?

- Rod
This discussion has been closed.