Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens 200 piping ???

binskibok
binskibok Member Posts: 19
When looking over the install intructions for the new wb2b 9-26 Vidotens I noted that the boiler supply and returns are 3/4 inch but the LLH is 1 1/4. Should I pipe with 1" (since the indirect TT Smart 40 requires 1") or do I go with 1 1/4 on the boiler side?  

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    The Max Flow Rate

Through the boiler is 6.2GPM.  Your pipe size needs to be able to carry 6.2GPM to the low loss header. 1" pipe will do the job.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • binskibok
    LLH connections

I'm sure this point has been kicked around before but here goes: In a closed looped hydronic heating system what is the best connection medodology going from the 1" copper to the 1 1/4" male black LLH supplied  by Viessmann for piping the Vitodens 200???    
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Yellow brass fitting...

Neutral to both materials. Accepted by the codes.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • binskibok
    Vitodens 200 Spirovent/Wye strainer/LLH

Vitodens wb2b 9-26 install in a Cape with 3 zones (copper to runtal, black pipe to convectors)  using Grunfoss alpha with zone valves.  Should a spirotvent and wye strainer be a required part of the system layout or is it a duplication of function using  the Low Loss Header.  I'm looking for the best efficiency without system redundancy or added costs. Pros or Cons?   Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
  • Simply Rad
    Simply Rad Member Posts: 184
    Brass unions

We have been using brass unions: thread by sweat for the LLH. Binskibok, I also posted on your other thread about the use of a LLH.  I also think the insulation is a good touch also. 

Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Campbell
This discussion has been closed.