Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP ON RADIANT HEAT,AND THE CORRECT SET THE BOILER

hi , i have a few questions about radiant heat. i'm doing a staple up under the sub floor, my 2nd floors is 1500 sqft with 3 zone.i'm was talk into using embassy manifold.My supply line to the manifold is 3/4 pex and the staple up is 3/8 pex  and using home made heat tranfer plate . i'm setting up the manifold in the closet should i be awary  of any problem with embassy manifold?....My 1st floor is a 1000 sqft doing 1 zone with 7 loops .i going with a 1"pex for supply. ...can you let me know if i'm good so far? It's boiler time....I have 175 btu crown boiler.I looking for the best way to set  up the boiler to make it the most efficient. Can you draw  up a boiler diagram?should i be using a out door rest or is their something better? I will be add a indirect water heater.i would like to put up to 8 to 10 zone. I have 5 zone so far. i would like to add one to my air handler,i'm going to put a heater coil.In the future i want to add the basement , the garage,swimming pool, driveway and walkway.thank you for taking the time.....sean 

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Your the gentleman who e-mailed me

Your out on Long Island. I would suggest that you contact a trade professional out there. Rob O'Brien of Technical Heating is in your area he would be a great person to work with. You only get one chance to do it right so do it right.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • soccerdad
    soccerdad Member Posts: 4
    re:chris

Chris,thank you but that's not the answer i'm looking for.....
  • TLynch
    TLynch Member Posts: 19
    Specific Questions are Better

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but here's my perspective as a fellow DIYer who did most of my own install:

If you come to the Wall with very broad, wide-open questions such as your request "can you draw up a boiler diagram?" then you demonstrate that you are too far down the knowledge curve and the professionals here have to do the responsible thing and refer you to a trade professional for help.

If on the other hand you do all the research you can, work out your heat loss, design, etc., and have some very specific questions, folks here are very generous with their help.

There are places where you can find a variety of piping designs depending on what you would like to do -- I used ones that I found at Rehau's website for example.  There's a lot to learn about the various components and their functions and you can surely do a whole lot of reading and head scratching.  This is the value you get by hiring a pro, but even then, it's good to know what your system is doing and why.

There's also a lot to be learned by reading past posts here.  Just looking at the quality of work posted by the pros is a real eye-opener as to what a proper installation should look like.  It helps in translating the one line piping diagrams into actual three-dimensional systems.

Best of luck to you. 
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    looking for a "LITTLE" help....?

Based on your verbiage, it looks like you are looking for a LOT of help.

Seek professional help. You are not taking on a small DIY project here. You are taking in a HUGE undertaking, that if done wrong, you might as well start burning money now.

I don't mind offering a LITTLE free advice, but you are asking for someone to completely engineer a system for you, and that is not within the purview of this web site.

Proceed with caution. You will be dealing with water, fire, carbon monoxide, gas/oil and electricity, and any one by itself can cause you a LOT of damage. Combine them together wrong, and you have a ticking time bomb. As RW said, you have one chance to do it right (inexpensively). Do it right. Then, if you have questions, you can come back and ask for advice.

JMPO

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • soccerdad
    soccerdad Member Posts: 4
    boiler set

i'm going with this set up 11/4 primary loop with a 0010 pump ,coming off of that  is my 2nd loop and i'm going to reduce it to 3/4 with 007 pumps.my question is how far a part should the pumps be apart? with this set up should i be using mixing valve or mixing block? also would it be wise in using and outdoor reset?
  • NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    problem number one

is you are never going to make a 175kBTU boiler efficient for your heating load without a sizable buffer tank.

other than that, what you are talking about is about as complicated as it gets. you are way over your head for a DIY project.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
This discussion has been closed.