Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Should I use steam humidification

Options
brad_14
brad_14 Member Posts: 25
Hi

I have a 1800 sq ' rancher with a daylight basement so about 3600 total 9' ceilings. Main floor is all joist track 2 zones. basement is in slab 2 zones TT 110 prestige boiler outdoor reset and Smart 50. It is a tight house with R22 with an extra 1" r5 on the outside walls R50 in the attic. The air system is a lifebreath double core HRV with a 150CFM TFP on the supply after the HRV no bath fans just HRV. Located in North central British Columbia and we get 4-6 months of cold dry weather. I'm really wanting to take the edge off the extreme dryness in the winter.

Would something like a True steam humidification unit work entering right after the TFP?

Would I have to add a inline duct heater before to avoid condensation?

If it would possibly work would what would be best a 6 9 or 12 I have not found great info on sizing given my setup.

The Wall helped me build and design my existing system 3 years ago and it is darn near perfect. Maybe I should just except the dryness and love what I have?

Thanks for any advice brad.

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Steam humidification on HRV

I've installed a steam dehumidifier on an HRV. The sizing will depend upon the CFM available and the speed of the unit. The steam probe must be installed at a certain distance on the supply plenum, with respect to any 90's or fittings. A condensate drain also needs to be installed. Contact the LifeBreath tech services for more info.  The steam humidifier will also come with explicit instructions.

The attached system uses a 300cfm HRV unit with TFP and media filter, as well as the steam humidifier.  
This discussion has been closed.