Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Not having done much steam .........

Options
heatboy_30
heatboy_30 Member Posts: 15
......I had fun doing this. 310 MBH Crown Bermuda. My thanks to Jack Layer for walking me through.

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    header

that is a weird looking header. maybe you should have added an additional drip on the side with the two welded elbows [ return bend arrangement. ] is it pitched correctly.  probably ok just looks somewhat unconventional to me.  what size is the welded stuff ? looks like 3 " . welded headers are illegal in nyc.   the inspectors would rip your nuts off on that one. it would get real ugly , quick  !   lol
  • header is wrong

I agreed... bullheaded tee.. With all that head room, could've use the drop header set up..
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not sure

what I'm looking at there. The new uninsulated header looks overly complicated. The new risers should have come up to the old headers height, the far one 90'd toward the old header, picked up the new riser with a Tee, and continued to the old header. Not sure why the extra equalizer, but it shouldn't be in the opposite direction that the steam needs to go. The original piping looked correct.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Just Curious

Why the fuel change?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Nice Job,,,,

but there are things you can do in future installs to make this better. I will not "clobber you", as some have, this will work fine.Progress takes perseverance & patience,,, it`ll come. 
This discussion has been closed.