Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wall hung boiler for radiant

jhansen
jhansen Member Posts: 59
I am looking for a wall mounted boiler for a radiant application of about 50,000 btus.   Possibly utilizing a tankless water heater. Any input would be appreciated.

Joe

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Wall Hung Boiler

I prefer Viessmann. I truly believe it is the best wall hung on the market. Hands down it's heat exchanger utilitizes the highest grade of stainless steel vs it's competition. It has a better warranty then it's competition.

You state you need 50,000 btu's how many different water temps do you need? Is the boiler only doing the heating or also taking care of your domestic hot water needs?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Need more info

Is 50,000 BTUH the heatloss for the house/unit? How many bathrooms/what size of indirect tank were you planning on going with?

Important Questions...
    Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber
  • jhansen
    wall hung boiler

The radiant serves a detached garage only.  There is  no domestic water load. Water temperature will be 100 to 110 fahrenheit with only one zone.  The actual heat loss is 42,000 btus. Is there anything out there less expensive than the veismann or ultra?

Joe
  • jhansen
    wall hung boiler

I also forgot to mention I will be running a glycol mixture preferably without the expense of a heat exchanger.

Joe
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Navien

makes a 98% tankless water heater and also a devise called a heat box so it serves a dual purpose. I havent tried the heat box yet but if it works as well as the tankless it may be just what your looking for. http://www.navienamerica.com/product/boxes_01.aspx?skin=boxes_01
  • Leo_G
    Leo_G Member Posts: 89
    Munchkin

T50 would firt this app. perfectly.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Less Expensive

The new Vitodens 100 is in the same price range as the others. What part of the country are you in? Also, why not take advantage of the federal tax. With the tax credit the boiler gets to the price point of a conventional gas boiler. The new Vitodens 100 comes with out-door reset.

Is the nat gas? If so, here our local utilites are giving a $1,000.00 rebate on 90 plus equip ontop of the tax credit and you get that back in a check in 4-6 weeks.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.