Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dual Mod/Con Install Pics

Devan
Devan Member Posts: 138
Thought I try out adding pix to the new site.

Here is a job we are working on now.

Two Buderus GB142's, LLH, Grundfos Alpha pumps. Manifolds to hot water baseboard heat through out, 4 towel warmers in baths, and runtal panel rad. Total 8 zones, 7500 sq.ft second home looking west to the Catskills.

Comments

• Devan
    Trying again.

Could not add another image using the add another image button. Safari Java script error?
  • Devan
    One last time

Here is the boiler wall.
  • Devan
    Whew!

Also security check must be on a timer. Trying to upload an image to the wall, ending up typing in a new code three times before sucess.
  • PaulR
    PaulR Member Posts: 25
    A safe bet

It is a safe bet that this job is a contender if not a sure thing for some System Showcase accolades.

Beautiful work Devan.  Is that grey melamine?  Very well thought out and I love the piping as it dissapears into the wall.  Your concealed wiring is top shelf.

I think I will have to go "Tonya Harding" on you before the System Showcase Awards if I'm to have a chance.  :)

Best to you,

Paul
  • Rich Davis_2
    Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
    Wire on Pumps?

Are those electric cords hanging on the iso-valves on the system pumps?  If so what are they for?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    nice layout

I like the way you offset with the 45's nice work. Great components also.

Yeah, I'm torn on the corded versions of the Grundfos. I like that you don't need to get inside, the pump to wire it, but it limits you to that wire??

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Devan
    Thanks Paul

was not really thinking about system showcase awards for this one, but I may have a few other jobs in contention ; )
  • Devan
    Thanks

Yep, the Grundfos Alpha has a quick connect cord connection.

Downside, you have to use it, I will probably finish up the wiring soon, I just

did not want to cut those cords yet until I made sure they worked ok.

It is pretty cool though when you close off zone valve , and you see the wattage drop as displayed on the pump.
  • CC.Rob
    CC.Rob Member Posts: 130
    edited August 2009
    alpha wiring

Forgive my ignorance, but how does one wire these Alphas to something like a Taco SR?

Thanks.

p.s. gorgeous install!
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    edited August 2009
    Darn nice looking job Devan!

and yup, posting here is now a we bit of a pain. I typed a respone to a thread yesterday and the security garbage dropped me out and i lost my typing. I said the heck with it since i type with the one finger search and destroy method..but anyways, i digress, you do some really nice pipe work!
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Devan
    Thank Rob

Is that you NRT.Rob?

Just cut the ends off the leads, then wire as normal into a taco,grundfos,argo or tekmar relay panel.
  • CC.Rob
    CC.Rob Member Posts: 130
    no...

Not NRT.Rob. CC.Rob. Gotta update the profile I guess. Thanks.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Beautiful work my old friend

You are still a master craftsman. It's always a pleasure seeing someone's work that they take pride in!

Rick
  • Devan
    Thanks Rick

Thanks for the kind words Rick. Hope you're doing well.

Peace,

Devan
This discussion has been closed.