Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Faucet knock-offs

Options
so 3 years ago a "help" organization paid to install a nice new built-in shower to replace his old tub on feet. The job was contracted to an "out of towner" handyman with no qualifications.<BR>The taps started to leak, so he called the original fellow, no call back, he went through 5 plumbers(including me) who could not find any parts.<BR>Long story short, I had to cut-open the wall and use the Moen renovation plate to put in a product more common to most plumbers,,, when will people learn!<BR><BR>The only markings on this is CCF- Taiwan,, tough to believe but they do have a <A HREF="http://www.mayfair-hardware.com/company-profile.htm"> website. </A><BR>Go figure!<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

Well, it sure looks like a Moen! Likely bought at a flea market!

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Leo G_102
    Leo G_102 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I like the line

on their webpage - "CSA quality"

Not quite CSA certified! LMFAROTFP!
  • kevin_60
    kevin_60 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Its not just handymen with knockoffs. Its designers with high end crap. Some have no names on them, with no paperwork for faucet im not going to spin my wheels tracking down parts. They have to look or i change the faucet. I had a customer last week with paperwork on faucet, a $800 faucet. The company is out of business,noone has parts. Its now in my scrap pile.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    I'm not sure

whether knock-off faucets (or other bits) are worse or knock-off repair parts. There is a company which used to make very good mid-range faucets. But they do need repair now and again. Try to get decent quality repair parts these days -- forget it. Grrr...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    I'm not sure

whether knock-off faucets (or other bits) are worse or knock-off repair parts. There is a company which used to make very good mid-range faucets. But they do need repair now and again. Try to get decent quality repair parts these days -- forget it. Grrr...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    Options
    THe minute differences

in knock off products are so subtle that consumers and unfortunately contractors are easily snared in to a lowest price mind set. As the old saying goes "pay me now or pay me later!"
  • Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248
    Options

Watertown Supply in Watertown MA. I have never not been able to get a part from them.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.