Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensing boilers

Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
you Know if the High temp needs High temperatures?

You may want to do a heatloss maybe the "baseboards?" are oversized which will be of a benefit

I use the Vitodens 200 and am waiting for the 100 to be approved for High attitude and will interface the 100 with the Iworx(Innovex) which was just acquired by Taco..

Triangle's Prestige is also a very good Boiler and will allow higher temps which will work better on SOME retrotits..

But also keep in mind that the support from your rep shall be a factor..

Comments

• Gary_29
    Gary_29 Member Posts: 3

What is the best condensing boiler on the market used primarily in radiant applications, but also some high temp, as well as an indirect tank?
  • Andrew Hagen_4
    Andrew Hagen_4 Member Posts: 44
    Preference

That's a little bit of a loaded question, but I would use a Triangle Tube Prestige or a Viessmann Vitodens 200. The Vitodens 100 is a little too stripped down for my taste.
  • kpc_54
    kpc_54 Member Posts: 15
    well if...

weil-mclain ever get all the bugs out of the Ultra 3 it willl be very nice. That can do all three w/o extra controls.kpc
  • S Ebels_2
    S Ebels_2 Member Posts: 74
    High temp Viessmann???

That is the one glaring deficiency of the Vitodens 200. It will not do anything above 167* by design. That makes it a rather of limited use for a lot of retrofit applications.
  • Steve Eayrs_2
    Steve Eayrs_2 Member Posts: 56
    Condensing at high temp?

Just to clarify......If doing a lot of high temp w/ average delta T's, don't expect to be doign any condensing. Just not physically possible.
  • AL Gregory_4
    AL Gregory_4 Member Posts: 8

Ive done a few Lochs and like them so far.
  • Gary_29
    Gary_29 Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the thoughts. We have been loyal & dedicated to the WM Ultra boilers but have grown completely weary of all the various issues. My supplier says they are not seeing the problems like we have with their other contractors. Is anyone else having lots issues with the Ultra's?

Triangle Tube looks very interesting. Viessmann has always looked good(except for high temp applications & the price).
    What about the Trinity condensing boilers?
This discussion has been closed.