Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Alpine Mod Con

Lil-Roc
Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
I always thought that Burnham was a good boiler. As a wholesaler I've had 5 boiler lines at one time. When Buderus and Weil-Mclain came out with their PVC vented mod/con Burnham said that they would NEVER make a PVC vented boiler. After the Freedom came out with the polyproylne venting it seemed well okay they are staying true to their word. Now the Alpine is a PVC vent boiler. Looks like they have caved in.
I'm all for Burnham but they have some catching up to do and this Alpine is a step in the right direction.

Comments

• chris_93
    chris_93 Member Posts: 84
    Burnham Alpine Any issues yet???

Installing my first Alpine next week. Has anyone had any issues or concerns I should know before this job next week??

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Havent seen one yet

Let us know how it goes. You gotta love Burnham. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    MCBA ...

controller mated with a Gionanni(sp?) heat exchanger. I'm interested in hearing how well they work also.Nice looking unit, even though my preferred boiler is TT Prestige. Nice if you need a floor mounted boiler ala mod/con. Always look for ward to hear how new units perform, reliability etc. Peerless PureFire looks like a nice little unit also.
    Exciting time to be in hydronics!
    Ross
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    Just put in a AP150

last week. Nice boiler, no issues what so ever. I like the poly trap with the float switch. It also has a 5yr parts and labor to the consumer, Burnham apparently feels very strong about this little baby to put a that kind of warranty on it.
  • plumbboy
    plumbboy Member Posts: 2
    tt prestige

Must agree the Triangle Tube is the best on the market. I have installed many and love them all especially their 10 year parts and labor warranty.
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    TT

I agree, TT makes a good unit, I was using them before. I figured I've been using Burnham for my non-modcon installs and I would give them a chance with the Alpine. Burnham has always been good to me and I like the Distributor, to me the relationship is as important as the product.
  • chris_93
    chris_93 Member Posts: 84
    Alpine

Thanks guys,
    I will post some pics and let you know how it goes next week.

Mike
  • marco_7
    marco_7 Member Posts: 9
    pvc vent

hi guys,burnham rep told me the alpine uses a canada made cpvc pipe (supplied with the boiler)for the first few feet. apparenty its tested and certified for use as venting material in this application.
  • Chris_92
    Chris_92 Member Posts: 6
    Getting mine installed as we speak

It's been a big job so far, installing into an existing system. Had to do a lot of re-piping to accomodate the 2 circs required, and the seperate boiler/heating loops that are required. documentation a little misleading...says it comes with concentric poly vent adapter and peices, but does not, apparantly they changed this at some point. so I have to buy the kit seperately in my case. other than that, this first install has definately been a learning experiance for the guys doing it. Can't wait to see the fuel savings though!
  • JohnL
    JohnL Member Posts: 38

Any Pics of the new boiler and install?
  • Chris_92
    Chris_92 Member Posts: 6

Not yet... I will take some when it's finished this weekend
This discussion has been closed.