Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Alpine Mod Con

Options
Lil-Roc
Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
I always thought that Burnham was a good boiler. As a wholesaler I've had 5 boiler lines at one time. When Buderus and Weil-Mclain came out with their PVC vented mod/con Burnham said that they would NEVER make a PVC vented boiler. After the Freedom came out with the polyproylne venting it seemed well okay they are staying true to their word. Now the Alpine is a PVC vent boiler. Looks like they have caved in.
I'm all for Burnham but they have some catching up to do and this Alpine is a step in the right direction.

Comments

• chris_93
    chris_93 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Burnham Alpine Any issues yet???

Installing my first Alpine next week. Has anyone had any issues or concerns I should know before this job next week??

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Havent seen one yet

Let us know how it goes. You gotta love Burnham. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Options
    MCBA ...

controller mated with a Gionanni(sp?) heat exchanger. I'm interested in hearing how well they work also.Nice looking unit, even though my preferred boiler is TT Prestige. Nice if you need a floor mounted boiler ala mod/con. Always look for ward to hear how new units perform, reliability etc. Peerless PureFire looks like a nice little unit also.
    Exciting time to be in hydronics!
    Ross
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Just put in a AP150

last week. Nice boiler, no issues what so ever. I like the poly trap with the float switch. It also has a 5yr parts and labor to the consumer, Burnham apparently feels very strong about this little baby to put a that kind of warranty on it.
  • plumbboy
    plumbboy Member Posts: 2
    Options
    tt prestige

Must agree the Triangle Tube is the best on the market. I have installed many and love them all especially their 10 year parts and labor warranty.
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    Options
    TT

I agree, TT makes a good unit, I was using them before. I figured I've been using Burnham for my non-modcon installs and I would give them a chance with the Alpine. Burnham has always been good to me and I like the Distributor, to me the relationship is as important as the product.
  • chris_93
    chris_93 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Alpine

Thanks guys,
    I will post some pics and let you know how it goes next week.

Mike
  • marco_7
    marco_7 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    pvc vent

hi guys,burnham rep told me the alpine uses a canada made cpvc pipe (supplied with the boiler)for the first few feet. apparenty its tested and certified for use as venting material in this application.
  • Chris_92
    Chris_92 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Getting mine installed as we speak

It's been a big job so far, installing into an existing system. Had to do a lot of re-piping to accomodate the 2 circs required, and the seperate boiler/heating loops that are required. documentation a little misleading...says it comes with concentric poly vent adapter and peices, but does not, apparantly they changed this at some point. so I have to buy the kit seperately in my case. other than that, this first install has definately been a learning experiance for the guys doing it. Can't wait to see the fuel savings though!
  • JohnL
    JohnL Member Posts: 38
    Options

Any Pics of the new boiler and install?
  • Chris_92
    Chris_92 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Not yet... I will take some when it's finished this weekend
This discussion has been closed.