Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Paul Newman has passed away

EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
And donating all the food money to charity!

Quite a man. Quite a life

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    One of the great screen stars

He nevered seem to get into the STAR junk and donated money thru his food company to deserving charitys.

"What we have here, is failure to communicate "

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Connecticut sad...

:(
  • A sad day.

He was a class act, rare in Hollywood. His decades-long marriage to Joanne Woodward is such a rarity in a culture where marriages last days or months! I liked "Cool Hand Luke", The Sting", "Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid", "The Color of Money", but my favorite Newman movie was one of his later and lesser known works, "Nobody's Fool". It starred him, Bruce Willis and Melanie Griffith, and was filmed in the town of Hudson, NY. The "Iron Horse" bar, where many scenes were filmed is a real place, and is still there. It's a tragic comedy, and the scene where Newman intimidates Willis's Doberman Pinscher and steals his snowblower is hilarious. Well worth a rental, but be advised, some parts in this movie are very sad, dark and depressing.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    I have seen a few of his movies,but.....

What I will always remember will be meeting him at Bridgehampton Racetrack back in the early 80's when he was still driving race cars. Very easy to talk to and not only a good driver but a true race fan and supporter.

Godspeed Paul, and thanks for the memories! Chris
  • A sad day indeed.

They just ran "The Sting" again last night, never get tired of that.
    Along with the other comments he also did a great job in "Slapshot", and "Never Give An Inch".
    He and Joanne Woodward were married a long time, rare around Hollywood.

Dave
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    He will be missed.

I loved him in Nobody's fool. He reminded me of my Uncle Royal from Canton NY. (Although the director ruined a great performance by PN by ruining the rest of the movie. Didn't come close to the book.) Also a great performance in the HBO movie, Empire Falls, another Richard Russo book, where he played the rapscallion Grandfather. He had "it." A great understated presence that projected realism. I think Harrison Ford is one of the few that comes close to the same talent. He had a house in the Finger Lakes near Watkins Glen racetrack, on Lueck Lake. Folks I met there said he was down to earth and friendly to all he met there.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Couderay
    Couderay Member Posts: 314
    Paul Newman

Just shaking the leaves boss... Just shaking the leaves. God bless you Paul, another trully great actor.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Charity Work

Far outweighed his film work. Never took a dime from his products that are in every store in the free world. Donated ALL proceeds to charity. What a great man. Hondo is one of my favorite movies. Richard Boone was the perfect bad guy to Paul's good guy...

Don't forget Slapshot

Rick
This discussion has been closed.