Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Press/ Crimping tools

Options
If you do primarily residential, go with the compact. It will press 1/2 - 1" copper, and 11/4 , 11/2 Pex as well.

For the few occasions you may need the bigger tool, perhaps you can rent or borrow it from a supply house of another contractor.

It is much lighter, and smaller than the 330. Just so you know, the jaws are not interchangeable between models.

If your in a cold winter climate, don't leave it out in your truck. The cold will affect the hydraulics.

My $.02

Glenn

Comments

• Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Need help deciding which tool to buy

I have decided to purchase a cordless press/crimping tool. I am trying to decide between the Ridgid 100B compact and the Ridgid 330-B. I do mostly residential and some light commercial using pex and copper for plumbing and hydronic heating.
    I was hoping some of you guys could give me some input

Thank You

Shane

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mitch_6
    Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Ridged 100

I have the compact for pex and press set up to 1" Love it

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Pat_11
    Pat_11 Member Posts: 49
    Options
    ProPress

You can also buy the Rigid C1 actuator and an 11/4 ring which now allows the 100B to press 11/4". Rigid is also talking about an 11/4" jaw within the next year. If all you do is residential the 100B is nice. It gets you pressing at lower price point and is easily held with one hand. But remember if you do even one good size job with 11/2", 2", or larger pipe buy the 330B the job will pay for the cost difference. Once you press large pipe you'll never want to solder again.
This discussion has been closed.