Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wood boiler piping

Options
Oney
Oney Member Posts: 5
Thoughts on wood boiler piping. Is it beneficial to use an injection pump on the indoor system side of my heatexchanger to feed my primary loop?

Comments

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    Ummmmmmmmmm

What exactly are you trying to do? What's the injection pump for?
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Options
    Maybe should..

Consider a heat exchanger arrangement if this is an outside boiler. I realize they are popular but very in-efficient. Certainly do not want freeze-up problems or inside system water circulating by gravity to inefficient outdoor boiler.

The outside boiler craze here in Wisconsin has pretty much ran it's course as they tend to be eyesores,polluters and very in-efficient.(see many used as incinerators or garbage burners)

Have you considered a clean burning pellet boiler or wood gasification boiler?

Wood is just another solid fuel that should be burned as efficient as possible. Think green and lean the buzzwords of the present and future.

Google or search for "Swedish stoves or furnaces" there are some very interesting heating units that were the result of the severe wood shortage in Scandanavia in the later part of the 1800s. Many are the forerunners of todays gasification furnaces and or boilers.

Half Swede (can you tell?)

Rich Kontny
  • Hydronx_2
    Hydronx_2 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    injection mixing

If you are using the injection pump to mix the water temperature down for radiant floors and have it hooked to a control that is targeting floor water temperatures based on outdoor temperatures then go for it.
This discussion has been closed.