Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A New Job Path - Darin Cook

Options
Shane_2
Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
Darin, I have never met you in person, But I wanted to wish you a very sincere Good luck in your new adventure.

Shane F.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=545&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Darin Cook_8
    Darin Cook_8 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    A different path

I just recently accepted a position with ICF International as an account manager for their Upstate New York - Energy Efficiency Program. I will also be involved in other Energy Conservation projects that will be outside of NYS. I am excited with this new opportunity to help make a difference with getting our country more energy independent. I have been doing this as a HVAC contractor for quite some time, now I will be able to do this in an arena that will allow me to reach even more people.

I have needed a professional change for some time now. This new job opportunity gives me a new arena to perform in utilizing my mechanical and building science knowledge. Once I made the decision to not expand my business beyond myself, I put a cap on my professional growth. That was not satisfactory to myself. I have proven myself as a craftsman and there is no longer a thrill to me installing or designing these fine systems. So it was time for change.

I am still going to operate my business on a legitimate part-time basis, time permitting at least until my customers can be put in anothers capable hands.

So wish me luck in my new endeavor. I will still be around on the Wall and always open to a Big Ugly!!!!!!

Darin
  • Leo_22
    Leo_22 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Lots of Luck

Darin.

I wish you the best although seeing pictures of your work and having met you I have no doubts it will work out well for you.

Leo
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    good luck

Darin, I'm excited for you, and I know exactly how you feel!
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Congratulations!

And good luck in your new position! A lot of contractors leaving the field lately!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    All the best

Darin. Having given up being a DBA and sole employee over 20 years ago I can relate.

They are getting a good man.

Jack
  • Paul Fredricks_11
    Paul Fredricks_11 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Change is good. I wish you all the best in your new adventure.
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Options
    Darin

First off, I wish you all the best in your new path.

Funny, I just was talking about you today, as a potential client who visited this site is looking for a steam pro in E.Greenbush. If your're interested or know someone email me.

Once again, good luck in the new job. It has been an honor working with and knowing you. I'm sure we'll cross paths again somewhere ,sometime soon.

Devan

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Rick_89
    Rick_89 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Good Luck Darin

Happy to help out an old friend...
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    Options
    Darin

This indeed is news!

I agree with the accolades, your new employer is a winner. Change is not easy but you embrace it. I am happy for you. Feel free to call me any time and if your circuit takes you to Boston, you know where we are!

Glad you are keeping your hand in the business though- happy for your customers.

Best Always,

Brad
  • Darin Cook_8
    Darin Cook_8 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Change is good!

Thanks for all the kind encouragement and support. I appreciate it. A special thanks to Supply House Rick for emailing me the job link to get the ball started!

A glass of Guiness raised to all.
    Darin
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Darin

Mostof all I hope this dosn't put us in different circles. I would fell badly if we never got together again.

I wish you all the luck in the world and will tell you that meeting a guy like you is the Best Part of this website.

Good Luck at the new position. They are getting a great guy.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Congrats and good luck

Us small guys are always looking for the next positive change. It sounds like you are going to be part of the solution which is appealing. Let us know what kind of stuff you're seeing. It's bound to be of interest. Stay in touch. WW

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Hey!

I just googled ICF and they are based down this way. If you ever need a place to stay give me a call. BTW, did you see my evac tube pics on my house? Sweet! WW

• Ted G
    Ted G Member Posts: 63
    Options

Good luck Darin.
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)_11
    Options
    A win/win

Congrats on your new job. They've made a very wise choice.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,230
    Options
    Good luck to you, Darin.

This end of the industry enjoyed and benefited by your participation.

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,292
    Options
    Darin...

...You know there is a LOT of energy experience here on "The Wall". Dan, with his newsletter is pushing us all to learn more in the field of energy also. I'm sure interesting situations will come up for you and I'd bet "The Wall" could lend a useful perspective. Do stay in touch and god luck!

Yours, Larry

• I wish

you the best of luck Darin in your new job opportunity . Reading your posts , seeing your work and meeting you at a NYC Big Ugly ...... I know for a fact ICF is very lucky to have you .

And I'm with you buddy - it's high time for another Big Ugly !
  • michael_34
    michael_34 Member Posts: 304
    Options
    Darin

Congratulations and good luck! If you come through Ithaca, drop me a line and stop by.
    Michael
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Thank you for your service...

past AND future.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,131
    Options
    Best of luck

If ever I can help, let me know.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Options
    wonderful news

spread your wings and fly always forward. Hope to see you July 11th in Shelburne Falls for the B.U. Western Mass Bash. Good luck Ruthe
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Darin, after finally having met you in person and knowing you from here on the wall. I’m confident you’ll shine in anything you do. So, here’s to your success best wishes!

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • Wayne_29
    Wayne_29 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    The Wall will never be the same

Without your beautiful installs, thanks for all you have taught me over the years soldier. The Buderus and Triangle Tube road trips were a riot! Who could forget Gil-Mark Gottfried! Stay in touch...
  • Good Luck!!

Good Luck Darin. Call when you can.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,922
    Options
    The Capital Region is all the poorer....as they have lost their

finest installer. your level of quality is a benchmark that I will spend the rest of my days trying to reach...I mean it. You gave it a HELLUVA SHOT. You are destined for greater things. I am proud of you, you made the right move...love you man!!!! The long awaited fishing trip will take place in early summer...whos coming? we will charter out of Captree. Mad Dog
This discussion has been closed.