Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Combustion Air feeders

Steve Garson_2
Steve Garson_2 Member Posts: 684
I am interested on advice regarding bringing in fresh air for combustion air to feed an Carlin EZ-Gas and Powerflame X4-400-9.

From what I gather, feeding air directly to the burner messes up the tuning since the air temperature can range from 10* to 50* or so. Or is this not the case?

But the idea of having louvers open to the outside seems ridiculously inefficient, since it is like opening a window.

Are the Field Controls products suitable?

What do you pros prefer and why?
Steve from Denver, CO


  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    What a great Question.

    Tim MacElwayne will jump all over this question. Sorry Tim if I spelled you name wrong...:-) There are some of the best in the Bis here and you can count on a timely answer.

    Mike T.
    SRTECH Member Posts: 5

    I use Field Controls all the time. Fan-in-a-can is the device you are looking for.The unit sits on the floor by the heating unit. It has very simple wiring and usually 4" duct going to outside. Be aware that if the device fails down the road you will have a service call. Having open louvers to outside is usually the best solution.
This discussion has been closed.