Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

totally out of shape...

Options
FATBOY040575
FATBOY040575 Member Posts: 17
I to was a quit smoking gainer, but only I went from 150lbs to 230lbs in eight months. Never really thought of my self as overweight, just not the hard body of the paste, until my wifes father had some health issues and the Dr. started talking body mass. Well things just kept going same ol same ol, then I got on the scale and it sad 247. That is when I told my self never let it hit 250, and I dont want to offend anyone aswell, its just that for my body 250 is heavy. 38"+ pants, x-lrg xx shirts, hard time breathing after going up stairs yeah I was there. Then my lovely wife who is an RN started going to Weight Watchers with some co-workers and I noticed the difference the first week, so I had her do the point formula for me and came up I should only eat 36 pts per day, gave her what I ate that day and it totaled 65 pts; that was the day I started going with her. The first of Nov. is when I started and am now into a 33/34 waist and down to 196 lbs, feel alot better and now have a great home gym. We put of two little girls in a bike trailer and I pull it behind me and we try to ride at least thirty miles aweek, plus our reg. workouts. It can be done guys, keep up the work.
175 lbs. here I come.

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

Have any of y'all had that defining moment where you said "wow, am I fat" and decided to kick the soda and not allow yourself to buy 38" waist pants? I am there, and it sucks. I know it is hard to loose weight, but it sure was easy to gain it after quitting smoking....

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    just hit 36\"

after being 30 for forever and a decade..same as you quit smoking...

no good deed goes unpunished I guess.

I made sure not to over compensate, but it still happened..

Oh well...new project..my fat a** needs a remodel
  • Lil-Roc
    Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
    Options

I get you. I was saying just that when I was 30 and a size 38 waist, now 34 and a 42 waist an it really sucks. Easy to put on, hard to get off... Hard to get that motivated plus love to cook. So its all my falt. Good Luck...
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    tell me about it

same prob, love to cook (hold a journeyman ticket there too), got a dog this year for the kids (but I knew I'd have to walk it) so built in exercise..eating 6 small "snack" meals instead of 3...slow goin, but we'll get it.

tough when you think "I had a 30" waist, and weighed 160#, now its 36" and pushin the 220 catagory..ouch
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

After re-reading this I should clarify. My dad has been a 42" and larger waist my whole life and I never saw him as 'fat'. I have always known he is overweight, but never thought of him as fat. I was a 30" waist at 30 yrs old, 150#. Now I am 37, not smoking, and 36"+ waist and 225#. For me, I am fat. I guess that is just how I see myself given where I started, and now a 38" waist would be really comfortable as compared to sucking it in to make the 'ol 36" fit. Even if I could maintain 34's that would be great. I certainly would never mean to offend anyone who is yet larger than I am now, I just want to stop 'growing' before I get to be like my dad for the rest of my life. I do accept that high school days are long gone....

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • jp_2
    jp_2 Member Posts: 1,935
    Options
    eatin less

i would think quiting smoking would be harder than eating a little less and try to walk 2 miles a day.

i think you are headed in the right direction.
  • bill_97
    bill_97 Member Posts: 172
    Options
    I thought my wakeup call

would be when my waist size went bigger than my inseam . That was 10 years ago .

My dad has been around a size 42 all my life too , and I wouldn't call him fat . Not to his face :) I guess you can say he wears his weight well ? That's the only way I can explain it .

My real wakeup call was at the NYC Big Ugly in Little Italy . I topped 260 and a size 38 woulda been a welcome relief from the 36s I was still trying to squeeze my big **** into .

Right now I'm around 230 . A real big help for me is a digital scale I use every morning . It's shocking how much weight you can lose while working . And sleeping . But it's more shocking how fast it'll go back on after a night of dinner and drinks .

Hoping the best for ya buddy . Keep us updated on your weightloss .
This discussion has been closed.