Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Low pressure gauge

Options
scott k_3
scott k_3 Member Posts: 22
Thanks steamhead-I was hoping that was the case but wanted to make sure.

Comments

• scott k_3
    scott k_3 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Low pressure steam gauge

Looking to find a low pressure gauge for a steam boiler. Some here have suggested www.gaugestore.com and I have checked there. All of the low pressure gauges have a max temp of 140* F. As we all know steam is 212+. Are these guages useable in steam boiler, connected to the pig tail as the current 30 psi gauge is located?
  • Couderay
    Couderay Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Gauges

Any piping supply house would have them in stock. Grainger also has many style's to offer. I like the AMETEK/WIKAI series 1980 its affordable and can handle the steam temps. Its a 4 1/2" face and reads in tenths of a pound.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    The pigtail

keeps the steam away from the gauge, so it shouldn't reach 140 degrees. Go for it.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    low pressure gauge

i have 2 such--one for the boiler and one mounted in the air vent tapping of the most visible rad from the kitchen so i can see when my system is running.
    i used to be able to hear [and feel] the water hammer in the pre-new boiler days but it's now so quiet i don't know when it's on: quietness that comes from following advice given by experts on the WALL!!-nbc
This discussion has been closed.