Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wrightsoft software

Rich L.
Rich L. Member Posts: 414
We're looking to buy some updated heatloss and gain software. I visited the Wrightsoft booth at the AHR show in Chicago yesterday and was impressed with the product.

Are any of you using this software now or in the recent past? If so would you please share your experiences/ feedback about this product?

Thanks, Rich L.

Comments

• hvacfreak
    hvacfreak Member Posts: 439
    it's the one to have

They are the industry standard on this stuff. Snap -On makes a good wrench , Fluke makes a good meter , Wrightsoft has good load calc. software. I learned on ACCA manual forms ( pencil / paper stuff ) and the rare occasions I get to use someones Wright J I just seem to be able to get right to it.
  • bob e.
    bob e. Member Posts: 8
    wrightsoft

been using for 3-4 years. love it. expensive
    but the best always is.
  • Rich L.
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses.

Bob, are you using it primarily for residential or commercial? Do you have the whole package or bits and pieces?

Thanks again, Rich L
  • Paul MacDougall
    Paul MacDougall Member Posts: 36
    Mac or PC?

Does Wright Soft have software for a Mac's OS 10 operating system
  • bob e.
    bob e. Member Posts: 8
    wrightsoft

I have the whole package and use it for both comerical &
    residental. has duct design, fuel cost comparisons.
    radiant layout. and stuff I have not used YET!
    bob
  • Love it.

I use it and love it. I got it through Zurn years ago. I use a lot of Zurn radiant and was given a copy by the rep. It was only for healoss and radiant. Can't beat that. I just had to pay for other modules and upgrades. Saved a few bucks at the time. Worth it even at full price IMO.
  • Kool Rod
    Kool Rod Member Posts: 175

Only Windows Based
  • Rich L.
    Learning curve?

Thanks again for the replies.

Another question for those using it; how steep is the learning curve? I'm good with basic computer stuff. While looking at Wrightsoft at the show it looked like a lot of clicking and dragging, which I could handle, but it looked like there's an awful lot it can do.

Thanks, Rich
  • Nick W
    Nick W Member Posts: 200
    Learning curve is steep

I've used Wrightsoft for about two years to do heating and cooling loads for tract homes and for a few large, custom homes. It takes a long time to learn to do it right, as it has all the bells and whistles needed to comply 100% with Manual J8.

The drawing feature can drive you nuts -- very tedious. Windows and doors will relocate themselves -- sometimes to the far reaches of the worksheet.

But Wrightsoft's technical support people are very helpful.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    training

Several years ago I went to a full day class.... I'm glad I did.

when I bought the geo loop module I paid for an hour on phone training... well worth it. what puts around trying to learn a program?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.