Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

condensate install procedure

Options
Bob_36
Bob_36 Member Posts: 83
Hi all, I need some info as well as pictures if possible on the installation of a condensate trap also using a condensate pump. I saved other threads as to building the traps with marble chips. But I'm not sure how to fashion the pump so I can have the water drain into my waste high sewer line. I figure the pump comes after the trap, but how does the pump know when to turn on? IF the water is constantly hitting the pump, it will run all the time. Is there some sort of float on the pump that lets the water build to a certain level and then release it? Thanks

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    What I did

was to place a funnel into the pump outlet (A Teel or Little Giant, I forget which but made for condensing appliances).

The neutralizer outlet drips into this as a visual indicator that it is working. Easy to see and to test pH.

The pumps do operate with a float so no worries there. A larger receiver will naturally cycle less.

I pump mine through the wall to a splash block on grade and it has not killed anything.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.