Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heating

Options
Brain Ross
Brain Ross Member Posts: 20
I've been installing conventional basebaord for years, basic copper finned. I've got a job where the general contractor is installing 6" base mouldings and doesn't want to cover them.

I've seen a nice solution other than radiant, in fact radiant was my first choice but because of an unheated space below and the large exterior wall the water temp. is too high for wood floors, flat panel radiators.

I looked on line and only found Runtel. And my local supply house don't help much.

I figured I could mount the panels below the window but above the base mouldings.

The other concern I have is standard baseboard is some what inexpensive and i would normaly install it along the outside walls while limiting the amount of element according to my heat loss calc. The Runtel flat panel baseboard is much more expensive, so would you install a single piece or place several small sections under the windows.

In addition each section will be pioed int a two pipe reverse return configuration with each room controlled by a thermostatic radiator valve.

Comments

• ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Steel Panel Radiators

Veha radiators have a more standard look, but are less expensive than Runtals. I have used them, and they are excellent quality. You might take a look at thermostatic radiator valves also and possibly eliminate the need for standard thermostats and the associates electrical equipment and wiring...particularly if you are using a mod/con boiler.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    Buderus...

QHT, Myson,Dianorm....to name a few. I like the Buderus.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Pete_31
    Pete_31 Member Posts: 26
    Options

I did a job last year that was all Runtal baseboard. They have many different btu/ft options. Long lead times though. Installation was really easy, faster than fin tube and cover. We bent some around a gentle radius, the stuff really looks rich. I guess it should though.
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Check out

www.hydronicalternatives.com , out of Mass. They have good in stock inventory.
  • Answer seeker
    Answer seeker Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Heating replacement

I currently live in a tri-level home with pored concrete floors,walls and ceilings. I have a radiant heating system, that is 50+ years old and needs to be replaced. I wonder if anyone else has or has had this same situation. I believe I may need to go to a central air and heating system, but this will require extensive duct work and maybe two systems. One for the attic and one from the outside. Any ideas?
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    You probably should

post this as a "New Thread" so that it gets the attention it deserves.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.