Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mouat vapor sysstem Have an old mouat system

Options
Gerry is the man to call.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Tim_49
    Tim_49 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    mouat vapor system

Have A Mouat vapor system that seems mainly intact original coal boiler converted to gas around 1960 Would like to put new boiler in besides trying to maintain existing water level any other things I should watch for on install of new boiler
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    just lots of things!

the boiler has to be made to run in vapor..it won't come from the factory ready for this..if your around clevelands east side we could look at it for you..your going to have to get ''the piping system to think there is still a coal boiler down there'' or the mouat system will not heat well..its vapor..at about 1-2 ounces.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    Options
    Ooo! Can I watch?

Ahem. Terry from Cleveland here. A lotta Mouats in the Cleveland area since the company was based here. I agree with Steamhead (as I usually do!) that Gerry Gill IS your man for this job if its around here. Coal to gas conversion boilers are outrageously inefficient (as you know) but full understanding of this kind of vapor system is whats necessary to get the kind of stunning improvements in efficiency and comfort that these systems provide.

You'll find interested people here regardless. Keep us updated.

Maybe I won't watch. Gerry's likely to hand me a 100 lb 48" Trimo pipe wrench and put me to work...
    terry
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Options
    If it was me

I'd let you use the aluminum Ridgid 4-footer ;-)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.