Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Just got another sprinter, what shelving do all like

joel_28
joel_28 Member Posts: 21
We've got 2 sprinters and i'd much rather drive them than the regular vans. To each his own

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    just got another Sprinter, what shelving do all like.

Trying to decide if I do the old standby equipment angle iron and plywood decks built up like tonka toys or prefab aluminum shelving/bin setups. Any input all. Thanks in advance, Tim
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,023
    check out this Sprinter

It was at a show in Germany recently. I like the canopy and electriclly powered step it had on the side. It had power and air to demonstrate the equipment he was showing. Hold down mechanisms is their product, both manual and air powered types.

I see the company that builds those components has a branch in the US. It was very high quality stuff!

Snoop around their website they have some neat roll out systems as well as cool kitchen units for camping.

www.sortimo.com

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • RonWHC
    RonWHC Member Posts: 232
    American Van Equipment

in NJ has been our choice for over 20 years. They have Sprinter packages. Diesel is too expensive to haul angle iron/board shelving around. Look on their catalog's back page for the floor drawer units.
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    van

check out edstrom van shelving at flexi-shelf.com. Also, there are a few aluminum shelving sites also. I put aluminum in mine to save weight. Better gas milage. Of course, after installing mine, some others started making the shelving to conform to the walls of the van.
  • RICK_64
    RICK_64 Member Posts: 20
    DON'T DO IT!!!!

PLEASE, FOR THE MENTAL/PHYSICAL/SPIRITUAL SAKE OF YOU AND YOUR CREW..........GET RID OF THAT SPRINTER!!!
    I'M FORCED TO DRIVE ONE FOR MY COMPANY AND BY THE END OF THE
    DAY, I'M READY TO DRIVE IT AND MYSELF OFF A BRIDGE!!!!!!!
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    I'll take a stab.....

I drove the Sprinter that the company owns, ONCE !

I like the power...I like the pickup....I LOVE the space, but I can't take the driving position for too long.

I have short legs, and a bad back....and the position of the steering wheel makes me have to do things that just don't feel normal while driving.

Maybe I'm just too "Americanized" ...as far as driving goes... but I will say that this is the ONLY vehicle of German decent that I couldn't find a comfortable position in which to drive it.(Many Volkswagens and a couple of Audi's were my previous vehicles. I've driven many M/B's and NEVER had a problem setting a seat for myself?

The guy that drives the Sprinter everyday complains that he can't get the seat back far enough for him. (the driver/cab divider screen cuts his room a bit...and I get seated comfortably when my elbows are in my sides while making a 3 point turn!)

I guess I would advise setting it up to your needs...with the lightest possible equipment, but let the guy who has to drive it have some say.After all...it will become his truck, and he may see things not so much...as you do.
    Good luck. Chris
This discussion has been closed.