Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

From our friends in Canada (Dan H.)

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
Boy, didn't you just say a mouthful!

I wish I had a buck for all the different ways the "codes" are read by juristiction. I'd MOST DEFINATELY not be a cellar dwellar any longer!!!! Chris

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options

The Canadian Hydronics Council (CHC) has been informed that CSA has finalized its mandatory five-year review of CSA B214 (Installation Code for Hydronic Heating Systems). The new draft is available for public review at: REVIEW

The draft indicates there have been significant alterations to the code from when it was originally published in 2001. The new draft has been modified to become a “minimum standards only” document. The Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating encourages all of you to review the draft and make any comments you feel are necessary (positive or negative) to CSA before August 22, 2006. Your comments will be reviewed by the B214 Technical Committee in September so that any modifications can be made before the final editing process begins.

This will be your only chance to comment on the document before it is published.

If you have any questions, please contact Jason Bourque, CHC Program Manager, at 416-695-0447 x310.

The Canadian Hydronics Council (CHC), founded in 1964, is a council within the Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating. Its mission is to promote the responsible growth and contribute to the prosperity of the members and their customers in the hydronic heating industry.

Jason Bourque
    Program Manager
    Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating
    295 The West Mall, Suite 330
    Toronto, ON M9C 4Z4
    Phone: (416) 695-0447
    Fax: (416) 695-0450
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    And this just in!

HEADLINE
    Kenneth Webster, Director of Sales and Marketing Viessmann Manufacturing Elected 59th Chairman of CIPH

STORY
    At the 74th Annual General Meeting held in Banff, Alberta, Kenneth Webster Director, Sales and Marketing for Viessmann Manufacturing was elected 2006/2007 Chairman of the Board.

Kenneth joined the industry in 1972 with Honeywell and in 1992 joined Viessmann. He has been an active member of CIPH serving on the Canadian Hydronics Council for over 13 years including a term as Chairman; served as Chair of the CIPH Charity Committee in Support of Habitat for Humanity; Chair of the CIPH Membership Committee and Co-chair of the "Journey to the Summit of Excellence" 2006 Conference.

Directors elected for a three year term are:
    Martin Desch
    Retired and loving it.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    thanks *~/:)

took some notes and while posting lost connection...got to run. for whatever the reason on first perusal i find a few items that would be interesting to disscuss...
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Interesting

Only in this country every State,County,City,Town,Village etc. will adopt their own version picking and choosing at random what they will enforce or not.Or change or not. Then they give each individual inspector carte blanche to do whatever they want. My favorite inspector line is "I don't like to see" They don't seem to understand it doesn't matter what they "like" it's is it code or not?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.