Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

new heating system

Options
tuvia
tuvia Member Posts: 1
Need advice. We have a 2000 sq ft house in Brooklyn.( a duplex) A family of 8- children. Currently, we bought the house with an antique boiler (Capitol) it broke and I am not fixing it. We have two bathrooms, 4 bedrooms. It is a 2 zone sytem, hot water in basement and on first floor steam, with old radiators. We have a 40 gallon hot water which is not sufficent. I am not intersted in increasing water heater size- too ineffecient. Looking into indirect fired water heater. Question- Should I change the upstairs to hot water- or is that cost not needed. NEED ADVICE, ON EFFECIENCY AND INSTALLATION COST, boiler brand appropriate for my needs. Also, recommended to me on demand boiler /hot water system. I'd like to do it once right. Any help appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Have you checked

the Find a Professional section of this site? Sounds to me like a pro would have to see the job first. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Our Illustrious leader.....

Has given some Sage advice.

I highly recommend that you follow it. You won't be dissapointed. Chris
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Reb Tuvia

The best thing to do is for a Pro to take a look. Without seeing it though, a mod/con boiler with indirect water heater is the most efficient considering the way fuel prices are.

Hatzlocho Rabbo, Adam
This discussion has been closed.