Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Underwater Heating Systems

Jeremy
Jeremy Member Posts: 52
As we all know, anything requiring electricity or gas that has been underwater should be replaced. We have had some pretty serious floods here in southeastern Pa and our phone has been going crazy with service calls. When we tell the customer that these items must be replaced, they automatically feel we are trying to rip them off. I will not start any heater, water heater, gas or oil, without replacing these components. Anyone have any info that I can share with the customers regarding the dangers of starting any appliance that has been underwater? It is getting pretty old telling these customers that every control must be replaced and they accuse me of being a rip-off. We were contacted by our local codes department to issue equipment certifications to the people who recieved flood damage. There equipment must be certified before the electric company will turn the electricity back on. I know the risks involved starting any applicance without replacing certain components and will NOT issue any certifications without making proper repairs/replacements.

Thanks

P.S. For reasons beyond my imagination, most of the customers I have been in contact with do not have flood insurance. I know they have a lot of cleaning up to do and I do sympathize with them, however I will not do anything that puts me at risk. Thanks again

Comments

This discussion has been closed.