Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hiring a Salesman

Options
Jeremy Dunitz
Jeremy Dunitz Member Posts: 27
> Our Company is looking into hiring a full time <BR>
> salesperson. I do not know where to start as far <BR>
> as commision and salary is. I know different <BR>
> companies offer differnt packages. I was just <BR>
> hoping to possibly get some ideas on this <BR>
> subject, what is out there, being offered and <BR>
> paid to salesman for this industry, thanks for <BR>
> your input <BR>
<BR>
Just hired a new salesman and put together a package for both him and our existing salesman. they are paid a % of GM$ for jobs over a specific GM%. All jobs under specific GM% have a declining % paid down to 0. Bonus package when sales exceed a given amount for the year over the base GM%. Bonus goes back to sale #1. Existing saleman has vehicle, new one gets paid mileage. Both have signed non-compete agreements. Both get standard benefits package including insurance, disability, 401(k). For more details e-mail me and i will discuss specifics with you.

BTW - most of our work is residential

Comments

• Dave_98
    Dave_98 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hiring a salesperson

Our Company is looking into hiring a full time salesperson. I do not know where to start as far as commision and salary is. I know different companies offer differnt packages. I was just hoping to possibly get some ideas on this subject, what is out there, being offered and paid to salesman for this industry, thanks for your input
  • Gene_3
    Gene_3 Member Posts: 289
    Options
    need more info

sales for what? oil, gas,hvacr? parts, install, residential, commercial?

some get base plus commission, plus gas, plus car

commission is usually low % with commercial and higher % with residential due to the cost diff between jobs

some get compt time if meeting customers nites, weekends, holidays { if the boss is a human }
  • Jeremy Dunitz
    Jeremy Dunitz Member Posts: 27
    Options

Just hired a new salesman and put together a package for both him and our existing salesman. they are paid a % of GM$ for jobs over a specific GM%. All jobs under specific GM% have a declining % paid down to 0. Bonus package when sales exceed a given amount for the year over the base GM%. Bonus goes back to sale #1. Existing saleman has vehicle, new one gets paid mileage. Both have signed non-compete agreements. Both get standard benefits package inclluding insurance, disability, 401(k). For more details e-mail me and i will discuss specifics with you.
This discussion has been closed.