Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I finally got to pipe a GB

Options
terry_5
terry_5 Member Posts: 92
how much time did your job take? how many men?great work!

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Since Darin

is in Iraq, I get to play with the torch again.

Here is the job I mentioned a while back. Tore out the FHA system and replaced it with HWBB. The baseboard is sized for design day @ 140 degree water. One zone of radiant with Wirsbo "Joist-Trak".

I used Wilo pumps and they are super quiet.

I still have a few more zones to tie in, but the panel is complete.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    that is pretty impressive....

how did you manage to come by the pumps?
  • Mark Hunt
    Options
    Wilo pumps

JR Baker associates reps them in my area.

The Wilo after-party at ISH sold me on them!

Thanks Weezbo.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    it is almost like a Christmas present to see them finally *~/:)

that was a very good choise to make:)

yesterday betwix the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 a.m. some person unknown got into the connex and the mech room and the work stations and ran off with tools drill bits and mmy copper and brass fittings... i bought up every last one of the 1/2" pexX 1/2 copper valves for the remaining station headers. this has pretty much tweaked my day. these distractions after dialing in lateral undergrounds for spring yesterday ...cha life is Grand some times....

i was feeling sorta burnt out before going to a two day Buderus class and felt even worse in class because i had wanted to steer the disscussion to the Buderus modulating condensing oil boiler....and it just was nt happening.......the class was the only vacation i had all year and i had a chance to ask about the 4000 control and a few other things that interest me...and got a look at a lashup with a SB mod con avec a 615 the numbers were interesting and the pipe layout thru the mod con and main power plant...via 3 way...thing is after thinking it all through by myself it is sorta depressing to think that there is a diagram i could have looked at and saved all that time agonizing over the intergration of the Triangle Tube mod con with the 215....oh well, something has to keep us occupied :)

the thought that some how you managed to get a chance to do something right just seems to make me feel better :) Theres hope :) the working guy does get a chance to do stuff right ...care to share some of the differential control stradgey ?
  • Mark Hunt
    Options
    Controls

The boiler is controlled by the AM10. The curve is set to reach max temp at 14 degree OD temp.

I am controlling the small rad zone with a Taco I-series 3-way mixing valve. It has it's own OD sensor.

The customer is planning a bathroom remodel in the future and wants to add radiant there when it is done.

All in all, a pretty simple control system.

When I fired the boiler this afternoon, it was 54 degrees in the house.(First floor) We still have more zones to tie in but the house temp was already approaching 68 when we left. 98 degree supply water.

I used Kitec PAP for all of the zone piping.

Mark H

• Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Mark,

Great looking job! What is the white control to the left of the boiler?

• Mark Hunt
    Options
    Thanks Jamie

That is the Buderus AM10 reset control. If you mount it inside the boiler, it's upside down.

Very easy to set up.

Thanks again!

Mark H

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    SSOOOOOOOO .....

It was'nt ALL Darin ??

Very Nice looking job Mark. The neat wireing is well done also. You know, I'm starting to warm up to the AM10 being outside the boiler. You may have sold me.

Also, nice use of the I-valve. You said that goes to the old cast iron rads ? Nice work.

These people will be shocked by the drop in gas use and you know they'll get a call from the Gas Co.

Scott

• lund
    lund Member Posts: 25
    Options

Mark

Very clean, Thanks Lund
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Everybody Sing Along...

He's back in the saddle again...(Bout' time!)

Nice work Mark.Like Scott said, the gas company will be suspicious. One of the GB's we installed this summer got a comment from the homeowner when we went back to put the AM10 on. He opened the gas bill and said "there's got to be something wrong here". The highest compliment we could receive. Keep pluggin. Darin will be back soon.Chris
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Great job

Mark - nice work. The mounting of the AM10 in the GB142 is not mandatory and looks good next to the boiler. When the AM10 is mounted in the GB142 it requires removing the front panel which most homeowners won't do and YES it is upside down (I haven't heard a good reason other than OOPS). I like the idea of mounting outside so anyone can be guided over the phone if needed to make adjustments. Spoke to a homeowner yesterday who was told to call me to adjust the AM10 because the GB142 was going to 194 degrees on call for heat. After several minutes of searching for it and not finding it, H/O kept pushing and was a little upset that I suggest we get the contractor back there to "help us".

Sidetracked - Sorry. We are still working on the pipe manifolds and now offer the insulated box cover and union connections for the domestic supply and return connections. Keep up the great work. Like the board that all equipment is mounted on. We have been approached by Wilo circulators. At this time there is not enough distribution for us to consider.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Beautiful looking job Mark

Aint it great to get paid for doing what you love? Well at least that's how I feel. The White board is very nice & clean looking. I like the idea of going behind the board to hide the wires. I just may steal that one. :) Hopefully the board will stay clean. I got a shock visiting a previous job a year old and it was covered with construction dust. "You mean no one has been cleaning my work down here in the basement????" :( Maybe they need a maintenance boiler panel cleaning contract! Sorry for the tangent. Please show us pics when you finish. WW

• singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Options
    Really great work

Mark. I truly admire your skills and knowledge.

Nice board, did you do any pre-fab on it . Maybe it's hard to see
    but did you squeeze behind the board to wire or is there enough room.

• Rick_54
    Rick_54 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Darin

Would have used Grundfos! Thanks once again for your business! Thanks for NOTHING Tom!!! Mark, you are the King...

Rick
  • Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203
    Options

The wilo circs are cool looking! Are they multi speed? Mark outstanding work! It must feel good to finally put in a GB they really are great. I love the way you shot all of your wires/gas/condensate through the wall, makes for a nice simple look! I think you will also be pleased using the Taco I series mixer. THey work very nicely
  • Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Wilo

Nice job Mark.What is it that sold you on the Wilo pumps.

Dobber
  • Mike Ford
    Mike Ford Member Posts: 12
    Options
    AM10

What is an AM10 and a tscho control?
  • mp1969
    mp1969 Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Are......

Are you sure your not a watch maker??? That is one sweet looking install!!!!

MP 1969

Make Peace Your Passion

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    excellent

Wow that is one clean uncomplacated and uncluttered set up beautiful workmanship with a eye aiming at perfection excellent stuff you not only offer the goods but you delivery them in a beautiful clean and simple layout once again i bow my head at the sight of your top notch craftmanship . on the kites pex al pex what type of connection fitting are you using all the supply house around me act like im nuts when i inqure about pex al pex and the electric tool alot of coin and the hand tool only does 2 sizes it seems that they where all very slow to start on pex in the first place and will be even slower on pex al pex what's funny is i have been ragging about this for over 10 years at one supply house and last year they only started with wisbro pex so i guess i'm hosed on the pex al pex for at least 2 or so more years .How is the kitec stuff and the tools and fitting as bad as i suspect with wisbro i know the wisbro pex al pex is cheaper then the he pex ,that on the side. You are a wet head now put a towel on it so you don't catch cold peace and good luck and as always keep up you outstanding work you give me something to aim towards perfection clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Mark Hunt
    Options
    Thanks Devan

I built that wall as there was no usable one in the basement. The wall is built under the main bearing beam in the house so there is plenty of room behind it.

When I am done, I'll probably sheetrock the back side of the wall.

Mark H

• Mark Hunt
    Options
    Thanks Scott

This is the job where I switched the customers from FHA to HWBB. I sized the fin tube to heat the home with 140 max water temp.

The I-valve is going to a zone of Wirsbo Joist-Track.

Mark H

• Mark Hunt
    Options
  • Mark Hunt
    Options
    Thanks Wayne

I'll have to move a HUGE work bench that currently sits in front of the panel. Once I do that, I can take pics from directly in front.

Mark H

• Mark Hunt
    Options
    Thank you clammy

PAP doesn't turn into a limp noodle when it gets warm. No amount of strapping can keep pex straight.

I appreceiate your kind words.

Mark H

• Very nice Mark

What kind of backer did you mount everything to ? And are those circs new to the market ? How many amps do they draw ? Real beauty of an install Mark .

• Mark Hunt
    Options
    Thanks 411

Building the wall and completing the pump panel took me 3 days. While I was doing that, my helper was mounting baseboard and tearing out the old FHA system.

The entire system will be complete this Friday. In total the job will have just over 100 man hours.

Thanks!

Mark H

• Mark Hunt
    Options
    Thanks Ron

I buy that backer at HD. $10/sheet. It's white paneling with a glossy finish. No wood grain.

Those are Wilo pumps and they are just starting to hit our market area. The three speed Star 16S FX draws a max of .67 amps.

Thanks again!

Mark H

• dAVE_109
    dAVE_109 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Nice Boiler

Nice neat job, just finished a GB myself
This discussion has been closed.