Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AHR Show in Chicago

I will definitely be there!

See you all in January.

Comments

• Bob Burnham
    Bob Burnham Member Posts: 18
    Who's going?

January in Chicago? Why not Miami? Oh, well I'll bring a coat...
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    I'm going..

I already received my visitor's pass. I had a great time when I went in 2004. Kinda like Disneyland for HVAC professionals. :-)
    Ross
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Me too

It's a 1 1/2 block walk to the local commuter train station. $2 for the 20 minute train ride (one way, on a ten pass ticket).

Then it's an eight buck, white knuckle cab ride to the show.

If I survive the cab ride, I'll see ya there.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Blackoakbob
    Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
    Count me in....

Maybe we can meet some place where they have refreshments? Since I missed the Denver get together, as my Midwest plane was one of those grounded for non-compliance of the required safety inspection. I ended up taking a trip from Minneapolis to Milwaukee and back. What fun.
    Hope to meet some of you in Chicago. Best regards.
  • Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    I'll be there

Chicago in January..........beats Antarctica I guess.

Who wants to go to Buddy Guy's?

Mark H
  • Ross_7
    The Redhead Piano Bar..

..was a Great place. Great cigars & good looking waitresses! Very cool place. We went there after the Grundfos party at the House of Blues. Good times!

Ross
  • Lil-Roc
    Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
    No Smoking

I'm a Chicago guy and there has been some changes since the last AHR EXPO. Illinois is now a no smoking state. You can not smoke in any puplic place. So cigars at the Red Head is no more. Also the trains and bus rides are having a large fare increase Jan 1. Cabs want an increase as well.

But at least there will be some political news to watch as our Governor's impeachment should be almost completed by then.
  • Ross_7
    Awww...man!

That's a bummer, Lil-Roc. I was looking forward to smoking a cigar there!
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    We'll be there

One of our local parts houses is putting together a one day bus trip. We leave at 6 in the morning and return to eastern Iowa at 10 pm. We'll going to bring along a half dozen or so of our guys. I went to the show in '04 too, it was awesome! I'm really looking forward to it again.
  • its about the only thing

Its about the only thing that Illinois governor did right... making the state SMOKE FREE !! Wish all other states follow up on it.
  • Rodney Summers
    Rodney Summers Member Posts: 748
    ASHRAE

Taco, as always, will be a strong presence at the ASHRAE Show in Chicago. I wish to extend an invitation to you all to attend our hospitality function which is always one of the highlights of the show. The function will be held Monday night beginning at 6:00 pm in the Regency Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency McCormick.

I really look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it. Happy Holidays.

Johnny White
  • Bob Burnham
    Bob Burnham Member Posts: 18
    Thanks Johnny!

See you there!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks, Johnny.

QQI'm looking forward to seeing my friends!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704

You're the best!!
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    6 PM

That's a very gracious offer but unfortunately that's when our bus departs for the return trip to Iowa. Hopefully I can meet you in the booth through the day and say hi! :)
  • Ross_7
    Thanks Mr White!

Look forward to going!
  • John Mills_4
    John Mills_4 Member Posts: 43
    This

dryhead will be there looking at the goodies!

• Was anyone else at Buddy Guys' when some Stones showed up late one night, last time ASHRAE was in Chicago?

• Shucks, that's the same night as Grundfos's hospitality night at the House of Blues........LOL
  • Tombig_2
    Tombig_2 Member Posts: 231
    Transit at Ashrae

There's a rail station in the lower level of the convention center (McCormic Place)that is a stop on one of the commuter lines. Two stops north to Roosevelt and walk to Buddy Guy's. Four stops to downtown Millenium Park station, walk two blocks west from there will put you on the "el" which'll get you all over town.

Here's a link

http://metrarail.com/Sched/me/me.shtml#STATION

Don't get on going south or you might end up in South Bend and Notre Dame's football season is mercifully over. They finally picked a bowl game they could win. The ages old South Shore line still runs to South Bend through these Metra stations.

I'll be in and out and hope to see a few of you there.

Tom Goebig

• GREG LAUER
    GREG LAUER Member Posts: 103
    places to go

I was at a spe show with my wife 2 years ago out there the McCormick center is huge. Where comfortable shoes and if you need to eat the best take yourself some friends and your wallet to the grotto it was the best i have ever eatten after your meal try the lemon sobet and a cigar.. and dont forget the sambuka. the Stetons at the Hyatt is a class act also. it seems every place out there is oder a la carte.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Why should business owners attend?

I am putting together an article for the show issue about the importance of attending -- especially for business owners (contractors and distributors). I'd like some input either from your posts or via e-mail. Please let me know. Thanks. (And please say hello if you spot me hustling around the show floor.)
This discussion has been closed.