Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Vitodens Boilers

Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
Are we talking about the Vitodens 200 ? 6-8-11 or 15-60? where are you located?

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Viessmann Vitodens Boilers

Many of you may not know but Viessmann has made a change to the Vitodens 100 and 200 boiler and it is only being release to the Northeast at the current time. For those of you in other areas of the country that sell Viessmann I have some of what you know to be the current boiler that I am looking to get rid of at a big discounted price. If your interested let me know.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • I have a few left too

and yes the V200 series.
  • CMadatMe
    I sent you an e-mail

Did you get it?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • CMadatMe
    Here are the new Tech Data Manuals

for both the new 100 and 200 boiler.
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432

"If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524

Yes and Thank you
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Didn't they have a recall

with that boiler? I seem to remember something about that last year. Did they take that model off the market?
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Recall

the Vitodens boiler had a gas valve O-ring recall. Viessmann paid contractors to replace them, as required. They did not take the model off the market.

http://www.viessmann-us.com/en/services/o-ring.html

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • CMadatMe
    The 200 will be

replaced with the new 200 that as of today has only been released to the North East. The new 100 is already in stock and I have sold a couple of them. Release date for the new 200 is 2nd week in August. If you would like more info I have the new lit and tech data manuals for both the new 100 and 200. They are both different from the current model. totally different burner and control package. The 100 has outdoor reset standard at the same price as the old 100. The new 200 has come down 25%-35%. I have pricing on both.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    West Coast Treatment

Unfortunately, Viessmann reacts slower on the West coast. I'm dissapointed that they virtually ignore the territory, cut staff and have diminished service. It doesn't make me exactly warm and fuzzy. Then again, other manufacturers have done the same. That the company can't launch newer or upgraded products without dealers knowing what's happening is telling.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • CMadatMe
    Thought Process

I think they made the decision in order to get rid of current inventory. They won't take any of our old stock of Vitodens 100's or 200's back and even if I sell them at cost the new 200 boilers are still about 15% cheapier. In the long run I think this move will give them better penetration into the market place. I've sold 2 of the new 100's and my customers are tickled pick over the change and the boiler is quieter then the older boiler. I haven't had a chance yet to see a 200 installed as I still can't get the 200 I ordered for a couple of more weeks. I did get to see it and they really simplified both boilers. The cabinets look just about empty. Really clean look not that overwhelming rats nest you see in alot of the condensing boilers. If you need any 200's I still have some older boilers left I'm letting go at cost.
  • KevinCorr
    KevinCorr Member Posts: 106

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wonder if you have experience with Viessmann oil burners?
  • CMadatMe
    I take it

your talking about their burner? Yes. Why?
  • KevinCorr

We have a very small area for natural gas here, so we are stuck with oil.
    They are setting up for the promise of a gas pipeline (30 yrs waiting now). A few have changed over to gas but we are still 99% oil burning. A tiny neighborhood downtown on city steam.

I started reading the heating forums to decide if I want to install Viessmann and Buderus. The cheapest one is the Viterond 100, available with Riello F or Beckett. Non condensing, 86.9% afue, cast iron 477lb. Identical stats to the Burnham MPO, 87% cast iron 475 lb Beckett or Riello. So what would be the advantage?

The next Viessmann for +$1000 is Vitola 200. 87%, non condensing, modulating, cold start, 434 lb, with a dedicated Viessmann burner.
    Now that one is different than anything Burnham offers.
  • heatboy_29
    heatboy_29 Member Posts: 1
    I agree, Paul.

The fact that I have to find out here about new equipment from Viessmann does not sit well.

I miss Mr. Nordstrom.
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Viessmann -

Vitola with the Riello burner is king in the arctic for very good reason - and the Viessmann chassis burner is even better. The key to the Vitola is the chamber pressure - find that sweet spot as recommended by Viessmann and it will make you smile each time it fires.
  • CMadatMe
    Vitorond 100

The 100 is also avail with Beckett NX and Riello. Price point is right there with Buderus and everyone elses 3-pass. I feel you can also customize the boiler better then the offering of the others. You have more choice of controls and simplification depending on the job without having to add Tekmar, plug in cards etc.
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Have the Vitoflame 100...

... and aside from a pump flange leak on the Suntec pump that shipped with the unit, it has been operating almost trouble-free. The turbulator was somewhat caked with soot the last time I serviced the Vitola (i.e. vac job, confirm combustion is still good, etc.), apparently due to the Garber filter not being changed at its last service appointment.

This time around, it will be interesting to see if the Garber exchange stopped the post-fire dribble at the nozzle which led to coking oil on the turbulator.

Like the Vitola, the Vitoflame 100 is very easy to set up and service. I have no experience with other oil burners or boilers, however. As with any boiler, I would check for local parts availability before committing to the brand. We're but an hour from Warwick, so parts have never been a problem when we needed them.
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    ... and I miss James McCarthy too!

I hope he is well with his new job... anyone have a contact/e-mail for him in his current position? I'd love to get in touch with him.
  • KevinCorr

Thanks to all for the input.
  • Man with a question
    Man with a question Member Posts: 69
    Vitodens tech lit and pricing

I for one would love to have tech literature on the new Vito 100 and 200.

Thank you for the offer.

Does anyone have the latest MSRP price list. I have a July 09 version and it does not have the new boiler pricing included.

• CMadatMe
    I tried

to e-mail you everything but is was kicked by because your server couldn't process. Files were too large. I'm going to have to send you multiple e-mails
  • Dobber
    Dobber Member Posts: 91
    Availability

Just got off the phone with Ken Webster from Viessman Canada.The new Vito 100 will be available late fall '09. The Vito 200 won't be available till next year.Looks like Ontario is out of luck.

Dobber
    If you don't have time to do it right, what makes you think you have time to do it over?
  • CMadatMe
    I told you all

It was onl being release to the Northeast. I already have sold 2 of the new 100's and just quoted 6 more. 200 coming in 2wks for me.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Constantin

Last I heard he was a self employed solar trainer.Great guy and a great instructor!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.