Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A Big Thank You To Dan H From The USAF

Ken D.
Ken D. Member Posts: 836
God Bless You. Best wishes for a Happy and Safe Holiday Season, Happy New Year and come home Safe. Thank You for all that you do.

Comments

• Darin Cook_6
    Darin Cook_6 Member Posts: 41
    Some great gifts!

I just wanted to say thank you to Dan Holohan for the all of the "Dead Men" t-shirt's and hats that he sent to us here. The 407th Expeditionary Civil Engineering Squadron's Plumbing and Heating Shops are proud to continue the legacy of the Dead Men.

Thank you again Dan. Your support for us here means alot!

TSGT Darin Cook,
    Air Expeditionary Forces,
    Iraq
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    You guys

are looking prouder than ever! Thanks for all that you do for us.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Anyone else

like to send some holiday cheer to the guys?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Anthony Praga
    Anthony Praga Member Posts: 74
    i would

i would like to

anthony praga
  • DanHolohan
    You always do.

You're a good son, Anthony. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    Darin...

If you ever get the chance, maybe you could post what a typical day there is like and the different things you do? I'm sure that many your colleagues here would really appreciate what you are experiencing there.

Keep up the good work.
  • Darin Cook_6
    Uni R

I will start a thread on the things that we do and our life here. What people see on the news at home is NOT a 100% accurate picture. There are a helluva lot more things going on than just the bleak picture painted by the media.

TSGT Darin Cook,
    Iraq
  • Rick_54
    Rick_54 Member Posts: 23
    Dan

You have asked that same question several times. Why doesn't anybody respond? Why?

Put yourself in his position.

Darin will receive a package from the people who consider him friend and colleague. He now knows who they are. Don't worry Anthony I will look after your Dad.

Dan, I appreciate your effort, but unfortunately it falls on deaf ears. They looked great in the Dead Men gear...

God Bless Darin and God Bless the USA

Rick
  • Anthony Praga

i agree with rick, it seems like the people that dan is sending this message out to ether dont want to help, or pay no attention to what my father and all the other men/women are doing over there. to me it just does not seem right that people can not take 5 minutes out of there day to send a package or a card, the one thing that is keeping those men/women going is that they know there are people here to support them. its really not much to ask....

anthony praga
  • DanHolohan
    There you go.

That's all it takes. A little love and appreciation. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • gman_4
    gman_4 Member Posts: 12

the kids in my church would like to write letters to the service in iraq,how would we do that? thanks
  • Darin Cook_6
    I will get you an answer and a address.

I will check with my First Sergeant on that.

TSGT Darin Cook,
    Iraq
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Darin

Nothing could describe what you and all the other men and women are doing in Iraq and around the world better than the "Dead Men" slogan.

When people look back in 100 hundred years they will see why you and all the others were soooo needed at this point in history. I thank all of you for your sacrifice and pray for your safe arrival!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DanHolohan
    Which is why

we chose to send that shirt. Thanks for saying it, Bob.
    Retired and loving it.
  • PJO_5
    PJO_5 Member Posts: 199
    Awesome!!!

Darin and Dan,

That's great stuff!!! And here I am an Air Force Veteran...and was in the Civil Engineers Squadron (I assume you guys are, too). Is that group part of Prime Beef or Red Horse? I was in Water/Wastewater - we were dubbed "Water and Wasted"...but that's for another discussion ;-)

Keep up the great work over there, and I too would love to hear about your work and anything else. I'm sure there's lots of positive stuff going on there.

I know the country as a whole is having a tough time and I hope none of our soldiers go down...unfortunately that usually isn't the case.

God Bless you All.

Take Care, PJO

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Dan

You're awesome.

We will NEVER forget the folks that have sent things over to Darin while he's stationed in Iraq.

From the bottom of my heart..........Thank you.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DanHolohan
    They look good,

don't they?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Anthony Praga
    will remember

not only will mark remember all of the people who sent stuff to my father while he is away but i will as well, i appreciate it. you are great people and i am glad to be able to talk to you all. thanks

anthony praga
  • holiday away from home

Hi Darin,

I'm an Air Force vet (electronic warfare 1979-83), and spent most of my holidays away from home. This Thanksgiving, I was trying to remember where I spent those 4 turkey days. The 1980 affair was spent at Gila Bend Air Force Auxillary Range, in the Arizona desert southwest of Phoenix. Our group had just returned from a three month duty to bombing ranges in New Mexico, Idaho and Alberta Canada and were living in the trailer park portion of base housing. Needless to say, we were not about to attempt a traditional dinner spread. We decided to find some quality beef and grill out. While waiting for the steaks to char, we decided to stage a photo to send back home. Well, it turned out to be a line of eight airmen between trailers shooting the moon. I sent a copy home to my friends, who got a big kick out of it. This year I mentioned the day and the photo to my wife and two sons as we drove to a brunch we have every Thanksgiving with another couple and their three daughters. One of the girls decided to drag out a big box of their family photos to reminisce. Guess what photo re-appeared after 26 years? The moon shot from the trailer park.

The moral of the story, many years later you will remember the hard times spent away from family at the holidays, but also remember the fun times had with your comrades in the same situation. Keep the t-shirt, photos, and memories, you may get some enjoyment out of them many years from now.

Thanks to everyone there for the job they are doing, we are grateful for the sacrifices you are making.

Best regards, Pat
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    That’s a picture to make all of us very proud of you

Thanks, Darin, for showing off the cool hats and shirts. The commanding skull and cross tools should scare off any enemy boiler.

Thanks for all that you do and all of your sacrifices. I have no doubt you have all the confidence and courage necessary to accomplish the mission, I pray for your safety.

Is Justin Gavin anywhere near any of you? We’ve not had news of him in a while.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.