Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mothers (Dan H.)

Jim Bennett
Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
I'll share your grief and hug my mom while I still can.

Jim
Jim Bennett

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    This afternoon,

my Mom passed on and joined Big Ed Holohan in heaven. They will be together forever, laughing and loving each other, as they did in life. I'm sure that when he saw her this afternoon he said, "Hey, what took you so long?" He was that way. :-)

She passed peacefully in her sleep. She wasn't in pain. I was with my brother and our wives and some of our kids this afternoon when we got the word. We were laughing and having a few beers. I think she planned it to be that way. We took out the photographs and told stories. We remembered so much. We'll keep doing that. We'll remember, and we'll smile.

If your parents are still alive, please call them soon and tell them you love them. Make memories.

Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    Deepest sympathy

So sorry for your loss Dan.

You and yours will be in my prayers.

She raised a good son.

Mark H
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458

Dan,

So sorry for your loss. Words can not express the pain your family must be in. We will keep you and your mom in our prayers.

Lee Morano and Family
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Dan

You tend to do everything with class. May all the fond memories erase the pain due to loss of your mother.

Rich
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Best wishes in this sad time, Dan. Prayers to you & yours.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • another angel in heaven

Dan,

Hard to express adequately the feelings. Our conversations about our moms has been more comforting than you may know and not a day has gone by that I haven't felt supported by what you've said about and done for your mom. We will all be truly blessed if we are loved so well by our children.

Love to all,

Dave, Lois & family
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Thanks, guys

We celebrate life and she had a wonderful one. And we have lots of faith so it's all good. We're remembering and telling all sorts of stories tonight and it was a fine summer's day on Long Island. A good day to move on.

She always made me laugh, and I did the same for her. We were best friends.

It's all good. Thanks.

Retired and loving it.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Sorry, Dan

Sorry for your loss... She was an unusual woman and raised some great kids. The good memories will last forever.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Very sorry Dan...

She must have been one heck of a woman.

You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    My condolences

Dan,

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Mom. I know you will carry her with you in your memories forever and those thoughts will always make you smile. She raised a good son.

Take care,

Larry
  • Mothers

Dan,
    I wouldn't know where to begin on this one. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. You have been such a support to so many, including me, so just know it's right back at ya.
    Mothers...will always be.
    Warmest thoughts and regards,
    Johnny
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620

Dan, my dear friend please accept my condolences and know you and your family have been lifted in prayer.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315

Ah, the memories! I'm sure you and your family will keep them alive. Sorry you had to loose her, but she lives on in the Holohan clan.

My Mom moved on 5 years ago, with my Dad and 5 of her 6 six kids at the bedside. It was an experience I'll never forget. Even when she was dying she was still teaching us. And the memories and stories we continue to trade back and forth keeps her alive for us.
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    Very Sorry

to hear of your loss,it sounds like a life well lived.
  • Condolences

from Judy and I. You and your family will be in our prayers and thoughts.

• there is a lot of beauty in this thread. Thanks to all who take these kinds of difficulty opportunities to share, and teach, whether intending to or not.

This is Love in the truest sense. It's inspiring.

• Jim Walls_5
    Jim Walls_5 Member Posts: 9
    Mother

Dan

My sympathies, you & the family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Jim
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Very sorry to hear Dan.

My thoughts and prayers to the whole family.
    It's been one heck of a week!

Good thoughts...and like your new plate...GR8 Times.

(Yes , I saw that!) Chris
  • bill garnett_2
    bill garnett_2 Member Posts: 21
    Mom

Dan,
    I will definitely tell Mom how much I love her-Your parents legacy will live thru u Dan
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Mother

Dan,

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. -DF

• Jim Erhardt_3
    Jim Erhardt_3 Member Posts: 80

Dan, our condolences...
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Dan

My deepest condolences... strange that we were just talking about familys and loss.

Please know that your family is in my thoughts at this time.

It's wonderful that you can look back and smile with such fondness.

Scott MIlne

• John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Dan -

I am so sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace!
  • Our condolences

Dan, you are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone here at Wales-Darby. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family.
  • Always in my thoughts

Dan,

Your mother and fathers legacy lives on in you and yours by means of the way you keep us all laughing and learning.

Ken Resnick
    He who knows WHY

Shall be master of

He who knows HOW
  • kpc_75
    kpc_75 Member Posts: 37
    very sorry Dan

I still have both my paretnts and will take your advice to heart.kpc
  • Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh
    Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh Member Posts: 184
    My condolences

Having lost my mother 48 years ago at age 39, I can assure you that our mothers are with us for our entire life. If not in body, most surely in our hearts and minds. I send to you and your family my heart felt sympathy at this very difficult time in your lives.
  • Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    Sincerest condolences

Dan,

My heart goes out to you and your family. She must have been an amazing women.

Regards,

Paul Rohrs & Family
  • Sorry...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you and your family the best. God Bless.
  • jim s_2
    jim s_2 Member Posts: 113
    Don`t have too many words

but you know I`ll be thinking of you
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    condolence

I feel for you my friend, for it is never easy to lose a Mom. Mine passed at age 38 many years back. So much life yet to live. Thank God you Mom passed peacefully. Peace be with you and your family Dan
  • Singh_9
    Singh_9 Member Posts: 24

I'm sorry for your loss, my sincere thoughts are with you and your family.

Devan

• Gary Hayden_2
    Gary Hayden_2 Member Posts: 61
    Your Mom

Dan

I know you celebrate in your mother's life and I am glad that you are reliving through the memories. All the best to you and your family during this time.

Your friend

Gary
  • Dan Joyce_3
    Dan Joyce_3 Member Posts: 2
    Dan H

I'am sorry to here about your Mother,but If I may,say it sounds like a peace full passing.
    You don't know me,but I have been reading your articles since you crosed the Rip Van Winkle bridge at Hudson,NY to meet Eddie Bratton. 35+/- years ago.
    I'am sorry for your loss, now we are the old in the family.

Dan Joyce
    Retired
    Kinderhook N.Y.
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    My wife and I

Dan,

My wife and I were both sorry to hear of your loss, we will be thinking of you.

Leo and Maribeth
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    mom

Never New You Mom But She Must Have Been A Wonderful Lady To Have Raised You. Prayers For You And your Family.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    loss of mom

sorry to hear of your loss dan she is in my prayers
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    I'm sorry

to hear that Dan. I'm struggling to find words, as I lost my Mom 9 months ago as well. May you find comfort in the days ahead...
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Very Sorry for your loss

Dan & The Holohan Clan

Please accept my condolences, you are all in my thoughts.

Tom

This discussion has been closed.