Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

leaky furnace

John_136
John_136 Member Posts: 4
I came home on sunday night only to find the downstais steaming up with the hot Water all over the place. With a little bit of investigation , i find out that the h2o was coming from 2 places.1 from the pressure valve and 2 a pipe coming out of the furnace. I manage to shutoff the water, replace/ rebuild the pressure valve( pick one up at the local home improvement store and replaced the gasget and the ring and bolt) that seem to stop the water coming from there. But when i turned the water valve back on, It is still leaking What gives? is there an " easy reset switch" somewhere? At least that what I'm hoping Please help.
Boiler system is a weil mclain unsure of the install date.

Comments

• John_136
    John_136 Member Posts: 4

I came home on sunday night only to find the downstais steaming up. Water all over the place. With a little bit of investigation , i find out that the h2o was coming from 2 places.1 from the pressure valve and 2 a pipe coming out of the furnace. I manage to shutoff the water, replace/ rebuild the pressure valve( pick one up at the local home improvement store and replaced the gasget and the ring and bolt) that seem to stop the water coming from there. But when i turned the water valve back on, It is still leaking What gives? is there an " easy reset switch" somewhere? At least that what I'm hoping Please help.
    Boiler system is an weil mclain unsure of the install date.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    You need a pro

try the Find a Professional page of this site. There are several possible causes and it will take a pro to fix it corrrectly.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.