Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Monoflo Mayhem!?

Options
Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
ice will freeze a pipe and it + a dosage of air = no heat.

it drifted down about 28 below this morning....warmed up by 7;30 to like 17 below! nice balmy spring day *~/:)

Comments

• adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Monoflo Mayhem!?

Help!? We just finished an Ultra 230 that is purring like a kitten (after replacing a bad-out-of-the-box return temp sensor!) on an old Monoflo system. We bled all the radiators and one refuses to heat up despite having no air in it!? None of the rads have shutoff valves. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Adam
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Circ

When the new boiler was installed was the circ also changed? Was the system flushed out when you placed it back in operation?

Just a thought but I'll bet that the head in the new boiler is substantially different than the old one. Could possibly cause a difference in flow through the old piping.
  • Rich P.
    Rich P. Member Posts: 60
    Options
    air possible

sometimes air gets stuck, I shake or lift the convector
    or fin tube and eventually the air comes out.
    Is the heater in question been repiped in the past,
    is it now baseboard? If that doesnt work I put a purger set up on the risers(of course you have to drain and refill)
    I hope this is some help
    Rich
  • adambuild
    Options
    No ice!

There are no freezing temps here in Northern Jersey yet. Any other ideas?
  • Uni R
    Uni R Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Mr Ebel's question...

You still haven't answered Mr Ebel's question. Was the circulator supplying the monoflo changed? If you don't have enough flow through a monoflo system, that diverter may not be able to do its job and this would explain the lack of heat for that radiator.

Also, and this sound like a stupid question, did that radiator heat up before the conversion?
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    found a \"gel\" water stopper

once, found a round rubber chunk off a zone valve once,found a fake mono flow t once...to name a few...
  • adambuild
    Options
    New circulator

We installed a new Taco 0011 in place of the B&G LR100 when we installed the new Ultra 230. It was sized by Taco.
  • adambuild
    Options
    Oops!

Forgot the other answer! Yes, the system was refilled and simultaneously drained to clean piping. There wasn't much dirt.
  • Uni R
    Uni R Member Posts: 663
    Options
    How is it piped?

Is your system piped primary-secondary with the 0011 doing the boiler loop or is it all piped as one loop?
This discussion has been closed.