Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Erie Boiler Boss

Options
EdTheHeaterMan
EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
Does the Erie boiler boss 4 zone circ control have Normal open and normel closed contacts for each zone?
(Taco and argo only have normal open contacts to operate circulator)

I want to operate steam zone valves that need power to open and power to close

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

Comments

• Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

Look at pages 47, and 48 of the Taco zone control wiring guide. We show valves that need 24 volts to open/close so we take a lead off the right hand t terminal at the top of the board where the thermostat is wired too. For your convenience I attached a copy of the Taco zone control wiring guide. Hopefully this helps you
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    Options

Thanks .... but valve motor is 110V

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203
    Options

What about using a 120v general purpose relay?
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    Options

I can do that for each zone with no problem... I think that is the way i will end up! I was hopeing for the nice compact look of the multi zone panel like Argo, Taco and the like. I have not used Erie Boiler Boss and I can't find the schematic on their website to see if the 4 zone circ relay has SPST or SPDT (with NO and NC terminals) as the single zone relays have

Edward Young Retired

This discussion has been closed.