Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Could you recommend a good electric boiler brand? How is Burnham

paulina
paulina Member Posts: 5
Have any of you had experience with an electric boiler and is there one you would recommend? How does Burnham compare to others?

Comments

• ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Electric

What size do you need? Argo electric boilers are good. I like the Laing EPR heaters for their controls, flexibility and compact size.

-Andrew
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Also

the Thermolec is another nice option. Quiet, modulating, and built in OD reset. www.thermolec.com

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • paulina
    paulina Member Posts: 5

Thanks for your response. I need it to produce around 38,000 btu.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    One thing

If this is a new home, one thing I have done is to place a Laing heater on each floor. That way there is some redundancy, and depending on how your home is laid out, it may eliminate nearly all of the distribution piping, and no external piping other than the connections to the manifolds may be required. They also have an outdoor reset module you can add if you are inclined to use constant circulation. However, they are not asme rated, and therefore are not classified as a boiler.

I worked on one that was around 15 years old connected to polybutylene tubing buried in soil, and it continues to work to this day. The only reason I had to disturb it at all was that we were replacing the greenhouse it was heating.

-Andrew
This discussion has been closed.