Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burner insertion on Buderus DV w/ Riello?

Saggs
Saggs Member Posts: 174
Just finished installing a Buderus GB115-34 w/ a Riello BF 5 burner set up for Direct venting. The burner came out of the box with the mounting flange set for the burner end cone to be 4 1/2 to 5" into the combustion chamber. I always thought they were slightly less than flush and thought this was kinda odd? I have put in other smaller Buderus DV's and thought they were flush. The wholesaler talked w/ the Buderus rep and he said this 5" or so dimension was correct. Does this sound right? and is it only particular with the 5 section?

Comments

• Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Insert depth

The insert depth of the Riello F5 and BF5 series boiler on the Buderus G115/5 section boiler is ten inches. Measure from the end of the blast tube ten inches, then lock the flange. The tube should be into the heatexchanger about five and a half inches. It has been like this for many years.
  • Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

Sounds good, thanks again Joe! I appreciate the quick response. You gave me a tip last yr about upping pump pressure and changing nozzle size on a GB215/4 which worked great-No call backs at all-Thanks
This discussion has been closed.