Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Winter Love ( for wetheads)

Options
I think it stays around 70 year round, more or less.

Comments

• American plumber
    American plumber Member Posts: 89
    Options

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    wow...looks...

very nice...quite the upgrade...the only part that I question is the barometric draft control...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    may i ask a question ?

with all the insulation on the pipe...what is the boiler room ambient air temp in Late January?
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Real Nice

Love that Silver and Orange stuff! I'm curious as to how well that flue muffler works. I have a couple installs that due to room acoustics and the location, the burner noise is quite loud and I considering recommending a muff to the customers. Don't want to tell them to buy something that delivers marginal performance.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    Vito go!

wow, you think there is an improvement? Nice job. All that silver and orange bling.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • American Plumber_2
    Options
    silencer

On this particular job,the owner did not ask about AFUE ratings,boiler brands or the expected longevity of the new system. Her only question was " will it be quiet ? " The silencer cuts down on the high frequecy sound fairly well (50%?) especially when using the riello burner.You will still hear the lower rumble of combustion,but overall you can expect a much quieter system.Check to be sure that the silencer will fit without major boiler repiping.I buy my units from Viessman but Selkirk makes a more compact unit if the situation requires.To cut down on sound further you should seal all joints with Hi-Temp silicone and insulate all vent piping.Another option if you do not have the space for a silencer is to fit the boiler with a Beckett NX burner,I find them to be resonably quiet. Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.