Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Opinions

Lil-Roc
Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
As far as quality goes Buderus and Viessmann are probably the best out there. German made high quality. I sell both Weil-Mclain and Buderus and Buderus is by far a better quality and their customer service is better as well...

Comments

• Handyman
    Handyman Member Posts: 1
    boiler opinions

How does the Buderus boilers compare againt the other brands such as Weil-McClean. The system is a oil fired hot water baseboard. The new boiler will also heat a swimming pool (37K gals) via a heat exchanger.

The above brands are being offered by contractors bidding on a job.
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    With the price of oil.....................

I might check into a different heat source for the pool, depending on heat loss of house. Many heat pumps for pool heating now that do work (at least here in NE). Depending on heat loss of house the boiler may need to be over sized just for pool heat. As far as brands most are very good today, being installed right is what really matters. John
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Install

and sizing are more important than brand.How did these contractors determine sizing?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Ed_26
    Ed_26 Member Posts: 284
    pool heat

Why not solar? Pool panels not that expensive....especially when fossil fuels involved.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Ease of maintenance....

A 3 pass boiler (Buderus) is way easier to service than any "pin type oil boiler" IMHO.Cleaner passages= better heat transfer.

It just makes sense to make it easy for the long run.

Like everyone else said...it's kind of expensive to heat a pool with oil at this point, and I don't see the price coming down anytime soon...but for heating, if this is the option, I would go with the 3 pass boiler.

There are also a few other options in this case. None are going to be far less expensive, but they are options none the less. Chris
  • Steve Eayrs_2
    Steve Eayrs_2 Member Posts: 56
    Buderus hands down

for me.

Also keep in mind the boiler is just the biggest component in your system. The best boiler out there is no good if not done right. Controls,piping, sizing, and other factors make the biggest difference. Don't just compare boilers, but you will most likely find the best boilers will also have a better control stategy.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.