Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Concrete Additives affecting PEX

Tim Doran_4
Tim Doran_4 Member Posts: 138
Most of the normal latex modifiers and calcium based additives are ok. Anything with an alcohol/solvent base or with low molecular weight organics could be an issue. Check with the manufacturer to be certain.

Tim D.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=515&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Concrete Additives affecting PEX

I just received a phone call from a concrete guy - asking me about concrete additives other than calcium chloride to promote drying of the concrete. He is asking me what additives can be used that are not harmful to the pex. I've never come across this question before. Anyone got any info?
    Thanks
    Glenn
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    I don't, but....

....that would be an excellent question to pose to the manufacturer of the pex tubing!!!!!
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    find out what products

he is considering, then get the data sheet from an online sourse or the manufacture.

There are many different concrete additives available for concrete. You need to know which specfic type and brand to get an OK from the pex manufacturer.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    on a similar note...

not all Sealers are created equal....you might want to check on what he is using in the expansion joins and the sealer...

the larger the pour the more likely some differences will arise with where the pex actually comes to live within the slab..

the saw depth may be set a shade deeper the mesh might get Pulled higher and without your x ray glasses it is difficult to determine just how close to these chemicals the pex may be...veer to the side of caution , my thinking...
This discussion has been closed.