Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Indirect Compliment for the \"Big Apple\"

Options
Rich Kontny_3
Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
While listening to WPR the other day (during Earth Week) New York City got a major compliment. The guest speaker mentioned that transportation solutions there are state of the art due to space limitations,high parking fees etc.

While I have never had the pleasure of visiting the "Big Apple " and experiencing it first hand I tend to believe this lady.

Next question, how hard is it to park service trucks etc. and how much does that add to quotes, planning etc.?

R. Kontny

Comments

• Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    parking

Been there once Rich and throughly enjoyed it!

I've heard that some service co's pay a helper to sit in the truck all day in the city just to keep tools from getting stolen! Any truth to that one?
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,230
    Options
    Rich L,

The days of hiring people to sit in the trucks are long over.
    Mostly it was to avoid parking tickets, though. Not to deter theft.

Rich K,
    These days, my 6 service trucks will gather about $3,000 per month in parking tickets.
    We've got a service that fights each and every ticket and that winds up costing us about $500/month total.

That's one of the costs of doing business here and it's much cheaper than having 2-man service crews circle the block for hours per month looking for a legal parking space.
    The city knows this and we all play our games.

I also pay $550/month to park my personal company vehicle, a Jeep Liberty. That's a tough one, but there's no way I'm leaving it on the street.

It's nice the radio lady said something nice about the public transit system of NYC, but to call it "state of the art" tells me she's never been to Europe.
    I try to avoid the subway in NYC. It's not a pleasant way to travel.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
This discussion has been closed.