Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hard water issues

Options
Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
My dishwasher wands are FULL of hard, white chunks that come loose and block the holes...thus no clean dishes with a film. What will eat & remove the deposits??? I tried vinegar, Vanisol (hydrochloric acid) and tub / shower cleaner (hard water remover) that all did nothing. Surely something must dissolve these deposits...any east coast ideas (or far north) are welcome here in the west desert.

Tim
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• kpc_19
    kpc_19 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    sounds like....

you need a softener. The deposits did not show up overnight...you need to let the cleaners work over time and the water softener installed. kpc
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    the wall of appliances

check out this site for dishwasher [and more appliance ] repair info.
    just like the wall i learned enough to deal with the same problem you are having.the parts needed [wands etc.] are not expensive to replace and i never was able to clean them except as a temporary fix.nbc

http://applianceguru.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Are you sure...

it's not plastic from your dip tube or a previous water heaters dip tube? You've hit it with some prety serious chemicals there. Bout the only thinkg I know of that can withstand that kind of attack is PLASTIC...

Just thinking out loud...

ME
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

I think replacing the wands and filter is a good idea. These chunks are built up in the wands, and if I tap them on something hard, they crumble / break loose. The wand surfaces have a very hard film that will not dissolve, and just tastes like grit, not salt. The chunks from the wands are bright, pure white and are soft & gritty. I find it curious that hard water dissolver or hydro acid will not eat it. Maybe a byproduct of the soap?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.